Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Omg I broke fast 10 min early by mistake!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 5:33 pm
I can't believe it! I am nursing and have a bunch of little kids and the rav told me to try to fast and I did... it wasn't easy but I did it... and then I txted my husband what time the fast ends and he said 8:27 and I broke right at 8:27 and then a friend txted me "almost there" so I checked zmanim myself and it was 8:37 I feel so so so horrible!!!

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 5:34 pm
Chances are there was an earlier zman that you could have relied on anyway. Good for you for pulling through- God knows what your intentions were either way Smile

black sheep

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 5:34 pm
your husband rightfully told you an early zman. you are nursing and caring for kids, you don't have to fast to the latest zman. 20 minutes after skiah is the early zman, it isn't called breaking your fast early.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 05 2014, 5:50 pm
thanks, I hadn't even thought of an earlier zman, but yeah I guess I could reframe it as using an earlier zman rather than breaking. thanks guys. now I wont be a total wreck when dh gets home from shul. :-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note