Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Birthday party ideas for 7-10 year olds

amother

Post Wed, Aug 06 2014, 10:27 pm
I'm making my son a birthday party in the house. About 7/8 kids all together. 7-9/10 yo range. I'm looking for ideas for a game and also activity where they can make something. Please help me with ideas. TIA.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 1:25 am
Someone recently described a Lego party to me. The mom went out and bought individual cheap sets of Lego for each kid who came. They had some sort of Lego Olympics with a couple of different rounds (ie who could build the fastest or who could come up with the most creative alternative to the instructions). Then the kids each got to bring a Lego set home with them. And the best part is no worry about cleaning up a million tiny pieces at the end of the party because the kids do the work for you so they can take home their Lego.

You could also do a sports activity if your son is into sports. You don't really have enough kids coming for a proper team sport, but you could do relay races or capture the flag or something like that. Even better if you can provide cheap t-shirts or baseball caps in 2 different colors to mark the teams that the kids get to take home.

You could also do a scavenger hunt where you make up a list of things for them to find or a treasure hunt where they have to figure out a clue to take them to the next location.

Most boys that age are not into arts and crafts so much, unless it's something "cool" like woodworking or building a rocket ship.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children