Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cat Pee Smell ;(

Dina_B613

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 1:45 am
My sister's cats stayed over the weekend, and we put them in the bathroom three times over the course of the weekend when we were vacuuming. (One of them attacks the vacuum, the other one cries - so putting them in the bathroom for 15 minutes seems like the kindest thing to do for both them and the vacuum).

They are VERY VERY good cats, and I am positive they did not pee in the bathroom.. However.. the bathroom smells like cats/cat piss. After they were gone, I put out fresh eucalyptus, a bowl of vinegar, a bowl of baking soda, I cleaned the entire bathroom and used my friend's steam cleaning mop. Nada. Still smells like pee. HELP!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 1:55 am
Try Oxyclean mixed with hot water from the kettle to activate it. If that doesn't work, go to straight bleach, leave it for an hour, and then mop to remove. It may not be on the floor, they may have marked on the toilet, or on the wall.

I've given up on getting the dog pee out of the carpet by my back door. When I move out I'm going to buy new carpet or pay the landlady to replace it. I wish I could just pour bleach all over it!

Dina_B613

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 12:20 am
Thank you, Frantic Frummie! Which type of oxyclean, the liquid? Or is there a powder?

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 10:38 pm
Dina_B613 wrote:
Thank you, Frantic Frummie! Which type of oxyclean, the liquid? Or is there a powder?

I get the powder. It's cheaper, and you can toss a quarter cup of it in your laundry to boost your soap. Just look on the cleaning aisle. I've found really good prices for it at Costco and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry