Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Kosher Mac and cheese comes in a box?

rachel6543

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 10:14 pm
So, my husband and son only like Mac and cheese that comes in a box (they don't like homemade Mac and cheese). Their favorite is the Foulds brand, but I can't seem to find it locally anymore or online and when I tried to call the Foulds company the phone line is disconnected.

What other brands are there? Wacky Mac is sold by me, but it has artificial food coloring, so won't get it. Our local store started caring Osem Rings Mac and cheese; we tried it tonight but WAY too salty! What other brands are there (that don't have food coloring added) that I may be able to order online? I don't keep chalav yisrael, so OUD ok for me. I don't make Mac and cheese all the time, but it's useful for those once in a while crazy nights when I don't have energy to cook.

rachel6543

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 10:16 pm
Or is there a way just to buy the cheese packets from the Mac and cheese?

ElTam

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 10:27 pm
Here's a great site that talks about how to make your own mac and cheese. She says you can freeze the cheese sauce and then pull it out to use on those busy nights.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-t.....82588

See the first comment for freezing sauce instructions.

rachel6543

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 10:37 pm
ElTam wrote:
Here's a great site that talks about how to make your own mac and cheese. She says you can freeze the cheese sauce and then pull it out to use on those busy nights.

Thanks for the link, but doesn't help me. My husband and son refuse to eat homemade Mac and cheese. I've made it before, I like it, they just don't.

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 10:46 pm
my kids are the same way! They stopped cholov yisroel mac and cheese again, so when we are out we are out

pesek zman

Post Thu, Aug 07 2014, 10:51 pm
I don't know If it has food coloring or not but the absolute best kosher boxed macaroni and cheese is made by Publix. The store brand is kosher. Super creamy and yummy. But you have to live (or know someone who does) near one. I beleive they are mainly in the Southeast. Whenever I (or someone I know) goes to Florida, I buy a 6 pack. I'm actually kind of hoarding them now because they're almost too good. Psychotic, I know.

shiffycc

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 12:51 am
Mitzvahmom wrote:
my kids are the same way! They stopped cholov yisroel mac and cheese again, so when we are out we are out

I know...my kids have been crying about it for months Rolling Eyes

naomi2

Post Fri, Aug 08 2014, 10:30 am
can you get "the old city cafe mac n cheese"? it's ou

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 2:11 am
naomi2 wrote:
can you get "the old city cafe mac n cheese"? it's ou

old city mac n cheese is no longer avail, they are off again until someone decides to do another batch

shanie5

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 5:28 pm
Hodgson Mills makes a whole wheat mac and cheese. No idea how good it is-I bought a couple boxes for my son-who hasn't tried them yet. They are oud.

debsey

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 5:38 pm
ElTam wrote:

thanks for posting this! I usually cook in advance in early Sept. And this is a great thing to put in my freezer for those busy nights!

rachel6543

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 1:25 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Hodgson Mills makes a whole wheat mac and cheese. No idea how good it is-I bought a couple boxes for my son-who hasn't tried them yet. They are oud.

Thanks for letting me know about this. I emailed the company to see if they carry any locally where I am. If it's any good, then I can always buy a case online somewhere.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 1:46 pm
I forgot to add to my previous post, any other brands people can recommend?

I found on amazon some kosher mac and cheese by a brand called "Pastariso", but they were for pastas made of potato and/or rice, which I don't need. Plus, they has really bad reviews on amazon. Has anyone else tried these?

shanie5

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 2:44 pm
rachel6543 wrote:
I forgot to add to my previous post, any other brands people can recommend?

I found on amazon some kosher mac and cheese by a brand called "Pastariso", but they were for pastas made of potato and/or rice, which I don't need. Plus, they has really bad reviews on amazon. Has anyone else tried these?

I did. YUCK! They are gluten free though.

real

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 6:42 pm
I don't know the company that makes it but there is a brand called wacky mac. my kids weren't so into it though

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:24 pm
Foulds macaroni and cheese

I think I found it on this website.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics