Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Uman?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 1:54 am
For those whose husbands go every year. Are they going this year? With all the stuff happening I am scared to let him go but he has been going for the last 10+ years going 17 times total! I don't want to be scared for nothing but this does not seem line nothing :/

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 3:50 am
Yes! BE"H my husband, father in law, and brother in law are all going.

It's a tikkun to go under these circumstances...like all of the chassidim who risked their lives in the early years to arrive for Rosh Hashanah despite severe illnesses, bandits, and non jews who literally kidnapped and imprisoned Jews on the road. In each of these circumstances incredible nisim occurred; and who knows the full impact of their efforts in light of what Rabbeinu said about travel.

Read the chapter about Rosh Hashanah in Chaye Moharan for chizuk. Smile

ElTam

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 3:52 am
My husband doesn't go, but the State Department has a travel warning in place for Ukraine. That means they strongly recommend against traveling to that country.

http://travel.state.gov/conten......html

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 4:08 am
I am not happy about it but he's going anyway. I'll be less happy dealing with a miserable husband for the entire next year if I didn't let him go RH. I just checked the dates and again it's a 3 day Yom Tov. I just have to daven that everything goes well.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 9:28 am
DH doesn't go, but if he did, I'd have to think about it really hard, and have a long talk with him about it.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:31 am
If this was my family's minhag, I'd ask my husband to talk with our das Torah before going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur