Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is your biggest daily challenge?
1  2  3  4  Next

Bitachon101

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 2:09 pm
Not your biggest life challenge, per se, but your most frequently experienced challenge that you deal with.
I'm curious to know what challenges amothers deal with daily and which situations can be worked on or at.

I think my daily challenge is being patient with dh and dc while I'm so overtired every day. I find myself snapping at everyone and all I really want is a bed.
Not that they're totally innocent but my patience level- that's the challenge!

What's yours?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 2:30 pm
I have a child with special needs who doesn't get along with his siblings. He also doesn't have any friends, either. All day long seems to be an uphill battle to get him through til bedtime and I fear he's headed towards depression. He's in a special school with lots of help but every day is just a battle in every way possible. It's exhausting for him and me.

Sometimes when he's at school and all the other kids are home, I think, this is like a vacation....and then the guilt hits.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 2:50 pm
I'm extremely sensitive to sounds . It bothers me to hear people chewing or to hear loud noises and to be constantly exposed to nonstop chatter of children is exhausting for me. I often go to a closed room and cover my ears to drown out some of the noises , I still can hear everything but it gives me a sense of control. I love when everyone around me sleeps and I stay up a little longer to enjoy the quiet .

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 3:29 pm
Getting my kids to and from school. Carpool and bussing. Planning, figuring, and soon, managing all the kids and parents. Actually keeps me up at night.

At home, keeping my cool when things spiral out of control or get too hectic, particularly when kids or DH just assume I will be taking care of everything, while dealing with a kid who follows me almost everywhere.

And managing kids with different/opposite sensory and dietary needs, as well as personalities, including various special needs.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 3:34 pm
Bitachon101 wrote:
Not your biggest life challenge, per se, but your most frequently experienced challenge that you deal with.
I'm curious to know what challenges amothers deal with daily and which situations can be worked on or at.

I think my daily challenge is being patient with dh and dc while I'm so overtired every day. I find myself snapping at everyone and all I really want is a bed.
Not that they're totally innocent but my patience level- that's the challenge!

What's yours?

Dealing with depression. All other problems result from it. Crying

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 3:56 pm
I'm a great coper, but I have a really hard time making good food decisions...Sad sometimes I feel like every day I try and most often mess up.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 5:50 pm
Dealing with my kids. I can't manage them I can't help but wishing I can just leave run away and let someone else manage them. I am just so so tired of the fighting the clashes the screams the curses. Seriously I cannot go thru another year of the h&ll that parenting them entails.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 5:54 pm
When the kids are home, getting through the day with no more grey hairs then I woke up with. When they're not home, keeping myself busy.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 6:43 pm
I have a really difficult son who comes home wired especially from school the day is to long and he doesn't eat much throughout the day anyway he second he walks in he starts fighting and acting crzy takes him a long time to calm down my challenge is staying calm its the hardest thing in the world but if I stay calm he will calm down faster . Just today I lost it and it took him so long to act normal I was fuming at him.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 7:01 pm
To keep on schedule. Tend to take daily routine veeeery leisurely.. Not that I sit in recliner all day, I work, but even at work my customers will usually take but longer than scheduled ect.. Same with housework and the like.But I get to do everything sooner or later.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 7:50 pm
I hate the hours of 4-7 pm

everyone is crazy, needs my attention, I need to make dinner, house is flying, husband not home to help, baby screaming, kids whining....baths, supper, pjs, homework, making lunch etc....

horrible time of day

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 7:53 pm
Patience and love for dh and kids when I just want to focus on nothing but myself. I am not naturally selfless and it isn't getting easier with practice either.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 8:02 pm
By far it is not snapping at dh when he zones out and neglects household responsibilities large and small.
I would be a better, more whole person and our family would be happier if I controlled myself. But it's just so hard.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 9:24 pm
Getting out of bed in the morning.

I'm chronically ill, and it affects my sleep patterns. I have really intense insomnia, and once I finally fall asleep my sleep rhythms are very deep. Waking up feels like a combination of coming out of general anesthesia, while pulling myself out of molasses, with paralyzed limbs and a splitting headache. Only harder.

Every. Single. Day.

UQT

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 9:47 pm
Another vote for dieting. Everyday is a new challenge and I struggle to get through the day making good choices.

SS6099

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:10 pm
Keeping my cool while keeping my house spotless. It's a must fore to have a spotless house and I wish I could release the reins a bit on that Sad I'm working on it though Smile

checkbefore

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:23 pm
Not being lazy.

cholenteater

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:33 pm
To stop procrastinating. I am absolutely amazing at pushing things off and finding other things to do instead...!!!
I meet deadlines when necessary, as in college and work. I'm getting better at taking care of things by making deadlines for tasks that need to be done. I have a big list that I'm starting to check off. Yay! Smile but it is a daily struggle...

momtra

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:10 am
Dealing with the incessant fighting between the kids!

heidi

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:18 am
UQT wrote:
Another vote for dieting. Everyday is a new challenge and I struggle to get through the day making good choices.

This. I hate being so obsessed, but have gotten down a nice amount and don't want to go back up. I hate the time and energy it takes, especially in the summer when everyone is home and I feel bad taking time to make myself something more time consuming.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics