Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What is your biggest daily challenge?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:33 am
Not focusing on my anger towards my Ex and his family.

Emotional

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 2:56 am
amother wrote:
I'm extremely sensitive to sounds . It bothers me to hear people chewing or to hear loud noises and to be constantly exposed to nonstop chatter of children is exhausting for me. I often go to a closed room and cover my ears to drown out some of the noises , I still can hear everything but it gives me a sense of control. I love when everyone around me sleeps and I stay up a little longer to enjoy the quiet .

Yes, yes, and yes. I totally relate.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:01 am
Emotional wrote:
Yes, yes, and yes. I totally relate.

And I thought you were going to say "driving"....or "sleeping"!!!!

(Amother from the other thread Very Happy )

Emotional

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:05 am
amother wrote:
And I thought you were going to say "driving"....or "sleeping"!!!!

(Amother from the other thread Very Happy )

Well you're not too far off. Any reminder that I don't drive (like the day of the transportation drill, or when they call me from day camp that my daughter missed the bus home and can I come get her...) is a tremendous challenge and makes me feel inadequate and nebachdik.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 3:18 am
Emotional I hear you but you CANNOT judge yourself by whether or not you drive - that is not your value!

Emotional

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:25 am
amother wrote:
Emotional I hear you but you CANNOT judge yourself by whether or not you drive - that is not your value!

Of course it's not. Buy it's a necessary skill where I live. When people find out I don't have a license they look at me like I'm from outer space. And that's if they don't give me The Lecture.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:00 am
Money...and by that I mean not having any.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:23 am
Keeping my house together and being on top of my game at work. I was born with a scattered, blurry head and it affects everything.

suzyq

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:46 am
Being patient and having enough energy to be a good mom. I really struggle with it.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 10:54 am
Amother who mentioned depression:

There is a group on here for those of us with depression. THE WOMEN HERE GOT ME THROUGH IT. The doctors and programs and medications came and went, but talking with imamothers in similar situations was the most helpful part of recovery.

Come join us.

I hope you are feeling ok today. hugs

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 10:59 am
Not worrying. Keeping my emotions im check and my home clean and in order.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:03 pm
waking up every morning in this messed up world

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:07 pm
Biggest challenge = Taking the emotions out of ALL the tasks I have to do. It's so darn overwhelming.

rachel91

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 1:02 pm
To stay calm, while having to do a milion different things at a time, sometimes to decide what I'll cook for supper embarrassed.
Cooking really takes alot of time by me, whatever I decide to make I don't know why, is this normal?
Whenever I'm cooking I feel like I'm busy with it the whole day. What (maybe because I always try for the food to be ready by 4-5pm?)

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 6:27 pm
Before I had my back surgery, it was getting out of bed and knowing that I would be in pain until I woke up the next morning as it took lying down with knockout drugs for 7+hours to get rid of the spasm and pain that comes on after 5 minutes of being on my feet.
The psychological torture of knowing I had to force myself through agonising pain hour after hour, day after day, usually so bad I would be in tears by the afternoon and it took me 2 hours to be able to lie down at night as my body was so twisted in muscle spasm, with no end of suffering in sight, made each day a battle of mind over body and positive thinking over a constantly looming depression that hovered day and night and that I was determined not to fall into again after almost not making it through the last time.

When I had the surgery, for 4 months the hardest thing was actually being able to get out of bed, which was a hard stage, when I needed standing and transferring aids, and it took me 20 minutes to get from lying to standing.

1 year on, I am so happy that it is just normal "not wanting to get up and face the day", and I can actually get myself up, dressed and go out without help or aids or being scared I'll fall down or anything other than wanting 5 more minutes in my nice comfortable bed!

The hardest thing right now is knowing when I should stop and when I can push myself, if I get it wrong I end up in bed for 2 days not being able to get up and do anything. So not hating myself for not achieving what I would like to and stupidly comparing myself to others who don't have my issues is my biggest daily challenge right now.

Pita

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:24 pm
EVERYTHING!

Actually, prioritizing. I feel guilty no matter what I do because I can't figure out how to get everything done!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:31 pm
My biggest challenge is trying to be a mother, wife, and a functioning member of society, with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.
Everything is hard, everything is an effort, and nobody quite understands, though they try to. At the end I have to take care of my family whether I feel well or not. It's a tremendous struggle.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:44 pm
Trying to cope with life. knowing my husband pretty much cant stand me and has kept a girlfriend for years. My heart hurts. and I am afraid for the future. a 40 year old woman with a houseful of kids and no reasonable way to make the kind of money my husband makes. what if I end up alone. Will we be on the street?
I can't take the pain and the fear some days.
I try not to cry all the time. I don't want my kids to see and to know. And I don't want to tear their world apart. They love their father.
I don't know how I ended up here. I had the same dreams as everybody else.
Every day I wake up and wish I didn't.

blessedbyamiracle

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:51 pm
Erased my post. Dont know how to delete the entire entry.

Last edited by blessedbyamiracle on Mon, Aug 11 2014, 9:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:03 pm
Reading what some of you go through makes my hardest challenge feel like a bracha. I wish many of you resolution.

On that note, working 8 hours a day 5 days a week and then having patience, energy and time for my family.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics