Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please, Non Vaccinators ONLY - I need your help
  1  2  3  11  12  13  Next

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:09 pm
I've chosen to not vaccinate my child but need to know where I go from here?

Do I need to build his immune system 'because' I am not vaccinating?

If so, how do you build a good and healthy immune system in children?

Please share exactly how you go about it.

Thanks so much!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:42 pm
Vaccinating then would be a great way to help their immune systems for starters.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:43 pm
No sugar. No processed foods. Limited gluten. I make everything from scratch. Daily probiotics and fermented foods. Raw dairy. Essential oils or homeopathy for medical issues. We take fermented cod liver oil. We eat Organic when at all possible. Natural cleaning and homecare products. No antibiotics EVER unless absolutely crucial. Breastfeed till after 2. Ideally no daycare.
And yes with everything that you may or may not do... your child will probably get whooping cough and chicken pox. Be prepared and expect that. They may even get measles or other diseases that we vaccinate for but be prepared mentally and use natural remedies.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:51 pm
Please keep your children far, far away from populated areas.

Signed, the rest of the world.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 10:57 pm
OP, you might be better off in the Natural Parenting - A Safe haven forum, though no guarantees you won't get bashed anyhow.

I recommend you work with a holistic-oriented professional, whether chiropractor, naturopath, homeopath etc, who can guide you in raising your child for optimum health.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:01 pm
Dirt helps and stout health such as obtained when the nursing mother eats some steak sometimes.

But the bugs will find him.

If he makes it, he's got immunity.

Even if he himself survives, he can still transmit it to infants under six months who are too young to be vaccinated, and who won't all make it, and, to older types like me whose vaccinations have worn off.

If you are interested in Jenny, I think she is looking pretty lately and has changed her views about this. She looks really good for her age. Well, she is a pretty woman in the first place. Some people are not crazy about her however, pretty or no. Me, I don't watch the soaps or wherever she appears. I prefer to spend my time on Imamother.

All that gut flora boosting, with probiotics and fermented foods, is certainly an excellent health measure in general, but has nothing to do with "boosting" immunity. The body develops immunity when it encounters assailants. Some immunity is taken in through the mother's milk.

Some people will always definitely survive. Even the worst diseases don't kill everybody, or they wouldn't exist at all, and we wouldn't either. It's a culling of the herd, a Darwinian survival test.

So even back in the old days, you always had a child or two, or even a few, who grew all the way up.

However, you don't sound as if you have all that many kids, but that may be a mistaken impression. I think you used the singular word, "child".

As for staying away from populated areas, nonsense, some pathogens stick around on physical objects that one gets from somewhere else. One can hardly never obtain anything from somewhere else. The kid is going to need new clothes in time, shoes, food, that sort of thing. One can hardly never go outside, or take a bus.

If you have cancer survivors in the family, remember, they have reduced immunity. They can't tolerate booster shots. You might find yourself endangering them.

Life is hard enough, so I am not sure why you are giving yourself extra grief.

Your call. Good luck.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:08 pm
Yes, please do. Most important, IMO, is to be under the care of an excellent (read: not quacky) pediatrician. Please don't do this without guidance from the like.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:10 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Dirt helps and stout health such as obtained when the nursing mother eats some steak sometimes.

But the bugs will find him.

If he makes it, he's got immunity.

Even if he himself survives, he can still transmit it to infants under six months who are too young to be vaccinated, and who won't all make it, and, to older types like me whose vaccinations have worn off.

If you are interested in Jenny, I think she is looking pretty lately and has changed her views about this. She looks really good for her age. Well, she is a pretty woman in the first place. Some people are not crazy about her however, pretty or no. Me, I don't watch the soaps or wherever she appears. I prefer to spend my time on Imamother.

All that gut flora boosting, with probiotics and fermented foods, is certainly an excellent health measure in general, but has nothing to do with "boosting" immunity. The body develops immunity when it encounters assailants. Some immunity is taken in through the mother's milk.

Some people will always definitely survive. Even the worst diseases don't kill everybody, or they wouldn't exist at all, and we wouldn't either. It's a culling of the herd, a Darwinian survival test.

So even back in the old days, you always had a child or two, or even a few, who grew all the way up.

However, you don't sound as if you have all that many kids, but that may be a mistaken impression. I think you used the singular word, "child".

Your call. Good luck.

Yup. Back in the days before vaccination, people had 10 or 12 kids, and counted themselves lucky if 1 out of 3 made it to adulthood.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:14 pm
Frantic, that depends if they were nice. You are far too optimistic with your word "lucky". But that is your kind nature.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:21 pm
whatever you end up doing, please please, please
DON'T EVER LIE AND SAY YOUR CHILD IS IMMUNIZED IF HE/SHE ISN'T!

I have read here how pple avoid saying the truth about vaccinating and it really scares me.

My ds recently had a heart transplant and is totally immunosupressed.
He is going to a school that only accepts vaccinated children and my biggest fear is that parents in his school would risk my sons life with their stupid lies.

ps Bh he is totally up to his age level in all areas and cannot be kept home all year (never mind these months that he's been home has totally made him start climbing the walls)

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:27 pm
Don't bring your baby near mine who is is not fully vaccinated yet due to young age. Don't go to my dr. Let me know where you send your child to school so I icon icon be aware for my own children's safety.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:29 pm
Oh my gosh, those posts that say "Where can I find a doctor that will lie about my children's immunization records so that I can get them into a top school?" make me want to SCREAM! At wits end

Go start your own vaccine-free school (and don't forget to factor in "sick days").

cholenteater

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:33 pm
Try not to read up upon upon the horrible diseases that can be prevented by vaccines. That will help you be able to live life without worrying and you will be able to sleep at night. Take upon yourself many kabbalos and say tehillim in every spare moment to beseech Hashem to protect the young who cannot protect themselves, as well as those with limited immunity, infants and elderly.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:35 pm
smilethere:) wrote:
Try not to read up upon upon the horrible diseases that can be prevented by vaccines. That will help you be able to live life without worrying and you will be able to sleep at night. Take upon yourself many kabbalos and say tehillim in every spare moment to beseech Hashem to protect the young who cannot protect themselves, as well as those with limited immunity, infants and elderly.

Because every wise ostrich knows that they best way to avoid getting eaten by a lion is to stick their head in the sand.

Peanut2

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:37 pm
Read about each disease and only refuse to vaccinate if you are okay with your child getting the disease, OR the way the disease is transmitted is such that you are certain that for the time being your child cannot get it.

Otherwise vaccinate.

(I follow this policy to some extent and delay a few vaccinations. Very few.)

cholenteater

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:41 pm
amother wrote:
Because every wise ostrich knows that they best way to avoid getting eaten by a lion is to stick their head in the sand.

Yup. In case it was not clear, I was being sarcastic.

Peanut2

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:42 pm
smilethere:) wrote:

Instead I recommend thanking Hashem for giving wisdom to His creations and guiding people to create tools that save the lives of children. When G-d sends you a lifeboat to save you from a flood stop davening for a divine miracle and recognize the boat as the miracle!

EDA that I totally missed the total sarcasm. Yikes!

Last edited by Peanut2 on Mon, Aug 11 2014, 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:42 pm
"I SENT you a boat. I SENT you a helicopter. I SENT you a vaccine. Why didn't you use the stuff I sent you? I DID answer your prayers!"

What is this thing about not reading? If she hadn't read, she would have vaccinated.

Exactly when does one decide to start, and stop, reading?

When it stops being a pleasant and interesting experience? If OP was willing to face the anxieties of vaccinating she can face the anxieties of getting sick. OP is tough.

There are some immigrations going on in the US that are going to impact this matter, although I do not know how, because it is early yet, to tell. One will wait and see, I suppose.

No, lying isn't nice. That ought to be obvious.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:47 pm
amother wrote:

If so, how do you build a good and healthy immune system in children?

Please share exactly how you go about it.

Thanks so much!

How do you bring a child into the world we live in today and "choose" not to vaccinate? Your poor baby. You are willing to give this child to the world unprotected from disease? I'm trying to be as respectful about this as I can but people like you make my head spin. You should be ashamed of yourself. I believe this is a form of child abuse, it's neglect.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:49 pm
amother wrote:

How, and why is it ok to choose not to vaccinate when you don't even know the first thing about building his immune system??

I mean, it is one thing to say "I researched a lot about boosting my son's immune system, and I have decided not to vaccinate" but quite another to say "I've made up my mind without a clue about it!" GOOD LUCK!

and add my DH to the list of ppl to stay far away from. he also has a weakened immune system like so many others...
Page 1 of 13   1  2  3  11  12  13  Next Recent Topics