Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bosch Universal Mixer questions

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 10 2014, 11:13 pm
1- Do the 15 year old Bosch mixing bowls fit the new mixer?

2- Are there different qualities of the new Bosch Universal mixer? Are they all the same wattage/strength?

3- Are all the mixers here the same, except for the parts they come with?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr.....63498

4- Is there any advantage/disadvantage to buying at a Heimishe place?

chavamom

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 1:19 am
I"m looking into this too. Can anyone give me feedback on why people order the stainless bowl? I see that most of the heimish places offer this as part of their standard package. Is it something I need? I plan to use it to make challah.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 2:21 am
The old bowl does not fit, it has 3 pegs and the new has 4, or the other way around. The metal bowl does not have a shaft and the mixing arm is attached to the bottom. This works very well for challah dough.

My personal opinion:
Get the Bosch MUM 5 and make challah by hand. It is smaller, cuter and more. Universal. Potato kugel goes really quick, and there is an attachment for cookies. I find it much easier to wash my hands and one bowl than awkwardly shaped mixing parts.
I find that y challah comes out better when I say tehillim while mixing/kneading. Either Shir Hamaalos, or Hallel. I'm not saying it to be frum, I really taste a difference.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:10 pm
chavamom wrote:
I"m looking into this too. Can anyone give me feedback on why people order the stainless bowl? I see that most of the heimish places offer this as part of their standard package. Is it something I need? I plan to use it to make challah.
From what I understand the stainless bowl with the shaft that is exactly like the plastic is not any more necessary, but the best is the bowl that has the dough hook attached on the bottom, and costs way more from pleasant hill grain -- it may not lock on but still works...this is what I have gleaned in my research, but I may be wrong.

cbg

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:25 pm
I just finish buying my Bosch from bb&b for $320, when you apply 20% coupon.
They have great customer service. Anything happens no matter how long they will refund your money.
I was told in one of the jewish stores that if I use the plastic bowl with the hook on top for challah, I will burn out the motor. So I bought the metal bowl with the hook on the bottom.
I haven't used it yet.
Any tips on how to will be helpful.

cbg

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 10:28 pm
Iymnok wrote:
The old bowl does not fit, it has 3 pegs and the new has 4, or the other way around. The metal bowl does not have a shaft and the mixing arm is attached to the bottom. This works very well for challah dough.

My personal opinion:
Get the Bosch MUM 5 and make challah by hand. It is smaller, cuter and more. Universal. Potato kugel goes really quick, and there is an attachment for cookies. I find it much easier to wash my hands and one bowl than awkwardly shaped mixing parts.
I find that y challah comes out better when I say tehillim while mixing/kneading. Either Shir Hamaalos, or Hallel. I'm not saying it to be frum, I really taste a difference.

Not everyone is physically able to kneed. I hurt my arm in such a way. If I want to make challah I can only do so if a machine does the knee ding for me.

chavamom

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 6:27 pm
cbg wrote:
I just finish buying my Bosch from bb&b for $320, when you apply 20% coupon.
They have great customer service. Anything happens no matter how long they will refund your money.
I was told in one of the jewish stores that if I use the plastic bowl with the hook on top for challah, I will burn out the motor. So I bought the metal bowl with the hook on the bottom.
I haven't used it yet.
Any tips on how to will be helpful.

Interesting. I don't see how that's possible though since the motor didn't get more powerful with a different bowl.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 9:01 pm
But it might have to work harder because the hook is higher up and not as close to the center? I'm not much of a science person to know if that makes any sense or not.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Sep 21 2014, 9:13 pm
There are also no-knead ways to make bread. It just takes waiting overnight for it to knead itself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars