Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Buying a house on a busy intersection, thoughts?
Previous  1  2

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 8:21 pm
Just put any hedge well back from where people walk by.

If people get their legs scratched on your roses just walking by them, a little carelessly, that wouldn't be good.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 8:56 pm
I live on a pretty busy avenue (right off ocean parkway in brooklyn) I do have a gate in my front yard. Maybe the zoning there will allow you to put up a fence a little set back, say 2 feet into the property rather than at the edge. Also as someone mentioned before if its a corner property make sure you/or dh are ok with shoveling that big of an area every time it snows.
Good luck with your decision.

chatouli

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:43 pm
I would gate it wherever possible and add a chain to the inside of the front door way up high where toddlers can't reach even with a chair (btdt). Be vigilant about closing the chain behind you, especially if there's a side or back door your DH can use when he comes home so he can get in. If you take and maintain proper safety precautions, it could be a great deal (knowing nothing about Baltimore, just from what you said).

Also make sure noise isn't a concern. Are the windows good? Test all the bedrooms.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 10:59 pm
For those who recommended hedges, or bushes. I like that idea for the privacy aspect. Just out of curiosity what is the price range for that?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 11:08 pm
We were looking in a different town at homes and the best house available was on a busy street- I was nervous about the same things- but became vigilant about always locking the front door- you should always lock it anyway- But the busy street comes with a great perk- you get plowed first and in Baltimore that is a real gift knowing how quickly the city and county come around! NOT! (once got stuck there for a week cuz our friends street did not get plowed!)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating