Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you still sleep with a teddy bear?
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 12:40 pm
Grown women very into their teddy bear? I don't know of this.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 1:03 pm
It's not " very into" and it's perfectly healthy. We all feel the need to share comfort and to cuddle. Stuffed animals provide that when DH can't.

I sleep with a teddy bear my DH gave me while we were dating whenever I'm a niddah. I also have a heart shaped pillow he bought me that I bring when I have to travel without him.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 1:12 pm
sigh. I got rid of my teddy when I was 16. I still miss it sometimes. a lot.

if I'd know theres a chance that this was normal I wud never have thrown in out

Ruchel

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 1:21 pm
Even if it's not normal, who cares.
I think I will be able now to tell people who consider me very sensitive and touchy feely that they really haven't seen Imamother Wink

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 1:48 pm
To the amother who got rid of her teddy at 16, go out and buy another one! Or better yet, drop a hint for your husband to buy you one. It always has more sentimental value when it comes from a loved one. Enjoy!

asmileaday

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 2:11 pm
If you exchange the word bear for pillow it's probably even more common. I need to hug something when I fall asleep. I use a long king sized pillow.
To the posters that have blankies - my son still uses his baby blanket for cuddling when he sleeps. It's tattered and shredding at the ends. But I keep assuring everyone that he won't get married with it. But from this thread I see he may very well... I better start weaning him from it!

mille

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 2:15 pm
I lost BOTH of my baby blankets in a move! I am still really annoyed about it. One was crocheted by a dear friend of my parents when I was born!

I still have both of my stuffed animals from when I was little. I don't normally sleep with them, but I have (as an adult) in the past when I was really sick. My mom lives really far away, so it is kind of a replacement comfort for that "mommy take care of me" feeling you get when you're sick!

I do normally sleep with a pillow or balled up blanket every night for the same reason FF posted. It's so uncomfortable to sleep without something!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 2:17 pm
amother wrote:
To the amother who got rid of her teddy at 16, go out and buy another one! Or better yet, drop a hint for your husband to buy you one. It always has more sentimental value when it comes from a loved one. Enjoy!

I totally would but if im weaned off it, is it wise to get "back together"? sometimes I rly rly need it but what will I do wen my kids are big?

Stars

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 4:13 pm
amother wrote:
I totally would but if im weaned off it, is it wise to get "back together"? sometimes I rly rly need it but what will I do wen my kids are big?

It's harmless. Buy one and keep it in the closet for those times when you need it badly. It's worth it.

chavs

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 4:30 pm
I do, although it's a stuffed dog not a bear. Anyways I don't sleep with him always only when I need him. Ironically, my real dog bit good eyes of and had a good chew of him, I was not impressed.
Personally I find it easier to snuggle with the stuffed dog than my husband as he snores and the dog is nice and quiet.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 4:54 pm
I have a memory foam pillow for my head, and one to put until my leg (I sleep on my side). And I usually have one under my arm too. I also tuck my blankets under all around so I am swaddled like a blintz.

And I recently wondered if it has to do with a feeling of security etc.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 11:10 pm
I still sleep with my baby blanket. it feels yummm and really relaxes me....

zaq

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 11:44 pm
amother wrote:
I assume if you do so that is permissible, but I would not have imagined so! Lucky you!

????????? Why in the world would sleeping with an inanimate object be impermissible? Presumably she's not having marital relations with it, though in any case I'm fairly certain the issur against bestiality applies only to living creatures. Of course if you're of the persuasion that doesn't allow images of nonkosher animals at all, that's a whole different ballgame and has nothing to do with sleeping with them. But please understand that that is a custom of certain religious groups such as Lubavitch and is by no means halacha.

pesek zman

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 11:49 pm
zaq wrote:
????????? Why in the world would sleeping with an inanimate object be impermissible? Presumably she's not having marital relations with it, though in any case I'm fairly certain the issur against bestiality applies only to living creatures. Of course if you're of the persuasion that doesn't allow images of nonkosher animals at all, that's a whole different ballgame and has nothing to do with sleeping with them. But please understand that that is a custom of certain religious groups such as Lubavitch and is by no means halacha.

I assure you all that my relationship with my little white bear from Harrod's is strictly platonic. No bestiality here!Wink

amother

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 11:55 pm
zaq wrote:

I responded on page 2 of this thread

bnm

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 12:57 am
maybe if I put a teddy bear in my bed my 3 year old won't climb in anymore. hmmm. I was eying the snoogle on Amazon...

imasoftov

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 4:51 am
DrMom wrote:
I'm assuming the snails thing is a typo.

itssimplyme

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 6:36 am
I have about five teddies, but two in my room (usually in my bed), and I also have three blankets. who doesn't have blankets? They make the bed all snuggly. It's all about comfort and cosiness.

morningsickness

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 4:59 am
I slept with my large polar bear teddy until I got married. I even brought it with me to sem...

for some reason, DH got very jealous of teddy and after him throwing me some very thick hints, I had to stash teddy in the linen box under my bed.

I now sleep with a blanket curled up under my chin.. And when I'm not nidda, I usually use Dh as a teddy (but don't let him in on this, he's not quite as snuggly as teddy).

I also love snuggling with my ds during nighttime nursing..
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics