Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Please help-What neighborhood suits me?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 9:05 pm
I'm what I would call "middle of the road" but I guess that's all subjective. I'm not yeshivish and wouldn't fit into a chareidi neighborhood. I'm not, I don't think, daati leumi, though I may feel somewhat Chardal.
I'd like to be somewhere with English speakers and a place that won't be too traumatic a place for my kids. Which brings me to the part I fear the most. My kids are getting older (think tween) and I know it's getting to the point of NOW OR NEVER!
I was browsing the NBN sight - what is Maale Adumim like re all the above? I know about BS/RBS already, not too interested, but willing to hear your insights.
TIA!

Tweedy

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 11:47 pm
Come to Rehovot Smile you can pm me for more info!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 11:52 pm
You sound a lot like me, and we're moving to Nahariya. It is GORGEOUS! Nice mix of people, very live and let live.

A good friend of mine lives in Maale Adumim and she loves it there, but she's older and all her kids are grown up.

What kind of requirements do you have as far as finding work, commuting, etc? That is VERY important to keep in mind.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 12:11 am
I am at the very beginning of Aliyah stages. At the "I'm thinking about it" stage. I'd really love to, but the job issue is definitely a major, if not THE major, issue keeping us from proceeding.
How did you start that process?
I'm also concerned with all the labels. I say chardal but I'm not even sure- there really is no real comparison to "just plain frum" in Israel, is there??
What's Naharia like?

RachelEve14

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 9:42 am
Ma'ale Adumim could definitely fit you. You can PM or search old threads for more information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions