Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Embassy Suites - Parsippany, NJ

rd5081

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 10:16 am
Hi! Thinking of doing a 3 night stay there next weekend, just husband and I. Can anyone tell me more about the place? Im going for 3 nights and wouldnt mind going around close by in the city for some entertainment. Is there anything for us to do there? Hows the air? Any better than Brooklyn? Hows the outside of the hotel itself? Is it nice at all for walks, or more city like?

pumpernickle

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 6:32 am
Have been there a couple of times. Its really nice. We spent last sunday at Turtleback Zoo which is abt 15 minutes away. They have parks, boating and other recreational activities. The staff there is amazingly patient and helpful

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 7:25 am
I heard it is really geared for kids, especially in the summer it will probably be full of kids...you might want to go somewhere more quiet but if that doesn't bother you, it is a gorgeous hotel with an indoor jungle apparently.

dimyona

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 7:34 am
I used to go there all the time; it was our family's little secret (and a few others). It's really beautiful, with a nice open atrium and indoor garden.

But then somehow word spread about this beautiful place so conveniently close to NYC, and it's always flooded with large, noisy, and loud frum families. I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, but probably not so relaxing if that's what you're looking for. You should be prepared to have loud groups of kids running and screaming through the hallways, sneaking into your room (true story!) throwing things into the fountains, and other assorted mischief. You probably don't want to find yourself watching other people's kids, which is what I always found myself doing. It's probably a lot quieter during the week, and after the summer, so it really depends on which days and what season you're planning your vacation.

As far as attractions, Parsippany is a pretty sleepy town. There's a nice little zoo in nearby Edison, and I see someone mentioned Turtleback zoo as well. You can also find some nice kosher restaurants in nearby Highland Park.

rd5081

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 7:39 am
OP Here...
THanks for all ur replies. Im definitely not looking for such a noisy place...

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 7:51 am
What types of pple go there for shabbos? Theres a minyan? Also how do u warm up food and where do u eat?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 1:59 pm
bumping this up from 2014... has anyone been there recently? is there minyan nearby?

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:10 pm
http://shabbosgetaways.blogspot.com/?m=1

Embassy Suites-Piscataway, NJ

For details and reservations
text, whatsapp or leave a message any time at:
347-586-9487
or email: ShabbosGetaway@gmail.com

You can CALL after 5pm to speak with someone about details.

Calls, texts, messages and whatsapps will אי"ה be answered in the evening.

Price per (Double) suite for Shabbos: $295.75, (King): $272.82
An additional $50 reservation fee will be charged for each suite.

Cancellations will only be accepted till Sunday December 6th, after that the $50 reservation fee will not be refunded.

A very limited amount of tables to rent for family eating will be available. "FIRST COME FIRST SERVED". Each round table for 10 is: $250. You must clean up after yourself and includes Shabbos "Seudos" only.

Reserve early to get the best room choices...
(Double bed suites and low floors)

Warmer: Hotplates are not allowed.
To reserve a SHELF in a WARMER, $30 must be paid in advance. A shelf will fit 4 5" x 7" x 2-1/2" (2-1/4 lb.) pans or 2 9" x 13" pans.

Here are some answers to general questions:
Every suite consists of 1 (king) or 2 (double) beds in bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room area that opens to a king size bed.
Every suite has a table and chairs in the living room.
Every suite has a counter height refrigerator.
Hotel does not have CRIBS or ROLLAWAY beds.
A schedule of זמנים and other IMPORTANT INFORMATION will be available at the front desk upon arrival. Please read ALL information.
Bring your own food. No food allowed in public areas or ballrooms unless reserved, arranged and prepaid.
No crock-pots or hotplates are allowed in the room.
We will have a limited amount of warmers in the ballrooms that will be available WITH PRIOR RESERVATIONS ONLY.
ONLY 5 x 7 x 2-1/2" high pans, as pictured below, will be allowed and a maximum of 4 pans per family.
There is a $30 charge for using the warmer in addition to the $50 reservation charge.
The POOL (not guaranteed) will אי"ה be open for separate swimming.
There is hot water, coffee and tea available to all.
We recommend bringing along games. The kids enjoy sitting outside the room and playing.
Reward nights are not available for this Shabbos.
You will receive Hilton Honor points for your reservation.
Just a reminder. Only this size pan will be accepted in the warmers, anything else will not fit on shelves!!!

5" wide x 7" long x 2-1/2" high

Have a healthy Winter!

Satmar Meats
5023 New Utrecht Avenue, Brooklyn
Shabbos package: $129.99
Must reserve by Thursday 5:00pm
718-854-2100
Shabbos Package $129.99

Shabbos winter break retreat: https://deluxeretreats.org/mid.....y-19/

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 14 2021, 2:28 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
I heard it is really geared for kids, especially in the summer it will probably be full of kids...you might want to go somewhere more quiet but if that doesn't bother you, it is a gorgeous hotel with an indoor jungle apparently.

I don't see pics of the jungle online

Is it still there?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics