Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Estreia - how is the food?

self-actualization

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 5:22 pm
I'm just curious - I like their ads in Mishpacha magazine every week. How is the food? How is the service? How is the ambience?

debsey

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 5:36 pm
YUM. But not much of it....very novelle cuisine style. Ambience is quiet and nice.

sky

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 6:13 pm
debsey wrote:
YUM. But not much of it....very novelle cuisine style. Ambience is quiet and nice.

I always wonder about that. They seem to advertise specifically small portions. (I've never been there)

sunshine!

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 6:31 pm
very expensive

debsey

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 6:43 pm
sunshine! wrote:
very expensive

THAT goes without saying. I was invited there by a non-Jewish colleague for a working late lunch. It was very nice and private and quiet, but I felt bad about how much the company spent. Still, for business ppl used to fancy meals, at least it wasn't poor quality. In fact, one lady was extremely impressed. She didn't know kosher was so upscale.

treetop12

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 7:03 pm
I have been there a few times with DH and we both really like the food and the ambiance. Regarding the portions, they aren't huge, but I like that since you don't walk out of there feeling like you overate. Smile I would definitely recommend it.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 7:37 pm
Delicious but expensive...think $52 for 4 tiny lamb chops. We blew over $150 on the two of us (gift certificate Very Happy ) and we eat pretty conservatively these days.

allrgymama

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 8:27 pm
It's nice -- I had a fried sea bass dish there the other week that was SO good. I had osso bucco a while back that was also very good.

AND they just added cocktails to the menu, so that's awesome.

Desserts are meh, but they always are when you go to a fleishige restaurant.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 8:35 pm
Try entree on 5th st. similar food,cheaper, nice and quiet.

monseychick

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 8:49 pm
VERY EXPENSIVE

I can't see spending that kind of money outside of mid-manhattan...

And besides the new C&G is way nicer

amother

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 9:55 pm
I don't find portions small - neither does my dh but we usually order an app (we share one) to start so maybe that's why. Carlos and gabbey is good but not at all the same atmosphere. We eat at estreia prob 1x every 1-2 months on date night. We tried entree once and were pretty disappointed- not the same quality or ambience at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen