Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Help my boneless spare ribs are tough

luvtocook

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 5:40 pm
The title says it all. The ribs are tough and I followed the recipe exactly. What can I do???? My husband won't b home for a few hours so I can put it back in.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 5:43 pm
how did you cook them?

self-actualization

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 5:46 pm
In general, the key to ribs is "low and slow" - I cook mine (with bones) in a crock pot for 8+ hours on low. My recipe is - brown the ribs in flour and oil, slice some onions into rings, and put in crockpot with one bottle of Jack Daniels bbq sauce overnight on low. So soft. You just can't cook ribs for a couple of hours and expect them to be normal.

What I would do now would be to get them into some liquid and put into the oven on 275/300 or into the crockpot on high until your husband comes home.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 6:01 pm
I generally bake them covered in oven preheated to 425 for 1 hour - 1 hour and 20 minutes, then uncovered for an additional 20 min.
How long did you bake for and at what temperature?

luvtocook

Post Wed, Aug 13 2014, 6:15 pm
I usually bake them for hours but this recipe said just 2 hours so figured this is perfect cuz didn't have much time. I put them back in the oven on 350 prob b in for another 2-3 hours. Thnx for all ur quick replies
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics