Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cincinnati

amother

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 4:16 am
The previous Cincinnati threads were very helpful. I'm applying for a job in Cincinnati. Curious to hear more details about cost of living and safety and just the nature of the community. We don't have kids yet, but hope to someday, so info on the school is helpful, specifically co-ed Jewish day schools and tuition information.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 10:26 am
PM me if you want more info....but here is a start.

Cost of living is very, very reasonable. Houses between 150-300K. Tuition vouchers when you're up to that are available if you live in a bad public school district no matter how much money you make (google EdChoice). As of now, max tuition at the Orthodox day school is under 10K I think (chds.shul.net has the tuition posted there). Property tax is 2% in the main Jewish neighborhood. Gas is moderately priced. Food -- depends what you're used to, but not exorbitant for kosher stuff (if you don't keep cholov yisroel, at least).

Safety is pretty good in the frum neighborhoods. Some petty break-ins rarely, but crime is very low. A bigger issue in my mind is the lack of sidewalks and adequate lighting in certain streets, and reflector vests may be the best option for walking.

Very low-key, low-maintenance community with little social pressure to "conform". Very out of towny. Warm and friendly, and everyone knows everyone else.

There is one Orthodox day school (as I said above) which is growing. Technically co-ed still, but some grades are separate. The other option is not Orthodox, though there are some Orthodox children who go: Rockwern Academy.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 7:55 am
what do ppl do about high school?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 7:53 pm
For boys or girls? There is a girls high school and boys go out of town for yeshiva.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating