Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp rayim

amother

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 10:51 am
Can anyone give me information regarding camp rayim ( sleep away for boys)? Specifically, what type of boys go there. Any positive or negative feedback would be very helpful as my son has shown in

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 11:42 am
Can anyone tell me the crowd. Like does it compare to camp agudah?

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:34 pm
I have the same question about Rayim vs Agudah! Those are the two camps I'm considering at the moment.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 12:55 pm
very hard to get into agudah. I have tried twice. They are extremely full. Unless your kid is in younger grades , dont count on it.

turca

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 1:01 pm
My boys were very happy there. We are Syrian/ Ovadiah Yosef type.
I don’t know camp agudah so I can’t compare.
Some boy were more yeshivish, some less but it’s definitely not a modern orthodox camp. There were even a few heimish boys there. ( on visiting day all mother had their hair covered, sheitel or whatever, whoever wore a knee length skirt had tights etc.).
They are very serious about learning, yet they do sport/ trips/ play/ barbecue day etc. every night they had an activity.
The counselors were very motivating and gave every boy whatever attention was needed. The head counselor was amazing ( rabbi basch from Baltimore, I wonder if he is still there), he had the boys around his finger. I guess rabbi Basch was very positive about Jewish life and was able to show it and inspire the boys.
I don’t remember hearing crazy stories or crazy punishments.

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
very hard to get into agudah. I have tried twice. They are extremely full. Unless your kid is in younger grades , dont count on it.

Wow! Yeah, someone just told me that it's hard to get in. What's the story with that, is it just a super popular camp or something? I guess? Or just a really small camp so limited slots?

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 3:38 pm
I know Agudah is stricter than Rayim, basically that's the extent of what I know. Agudah has more rules. Don't know much else. But they both seem to have very nice boys....

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 3:39 pm
turca wrote:
My boys were very happy there. We are Syrian/ Ovadiah Yosef type.
I don’t know camp agudah so I can’t compare.
Some boy were more yeshivish, some less but it’s definitely not a modern orthodox camp. There were even a few heimish boys there. ( on visiting day all mother had their hair covered, sheitel or whatever, whoever wore a knee length skirt had tights etc.).
They are very serious about learning, yet they do sport/ trips/ play/ barbecue day etc. every night they had an activity.
The counselors were very motivating and gave every boy whatever attention was needed. The head counselor was amazing ( rabbi basch from Baltimore, I wonder if he is still there), he had the boys around his finger. I guess rabbi Basch was very positive about Jewish life and was able to show it and inspire the boys.
I don’t remember hearing crazy stories or crazy punishments.

That's great!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 6:07 pm
the reason agudah is hard to get into is because their around for years. If a parent went to agudah then they place u higher on the list to get in. But also any kid that went to their day camp which is popular for those that go to the country, gets right in to the sleepaway. Basically whoever I know that goes to agudah, started out in day camp there.

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 9:14 pm
NEither are hard to get into as long as you applied the absolute minute they began accepting applications. I applied to both rayim and Aguda they day they started accepting applications and got my son into both. We are doing rayim because that’s the half he has a friend going. We live in flatbush. My husband is a lawyer. I cover knees and hair etc fully. As far as I can tell rayim and Aguda are the same except rayim is smaller and bit fancier (acc to my sons prinxipal). Good happy normal fun camps. Not yeshivish learning camps tho of course they learn. Mix of sports and learning. Sports gear and tzitis out.

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 9:55 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
NEither are hard to get into as long as you applied the absolute minute they began accepting applications. I applied to both rayim and Aguda they day they started accepting applications and got my son into both. We are doing rayim because that’s the half he has a friend going. We live in flatbush. My husband is a lawyer. I cover knees and hair etc fully. As far as I can tell rayim and Aguda are the same except rayim is smaller and bit fancier (acc to my sons prinxipal). Good happy normal fun camps. Not yeshivish learning camps tho of course they learn. Mix of sports and learning. Sports gear and tzitis out.

Thanks!! Great info!

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 10:29 pm
What grade is your son in that he got into agudah. I applied right away too and didnt get into agudah.

thanks

Post Thu, Dec 27 2018, 11:50 pm
I've been sending to Rayim for the last 12 years. Great camp. Good wholesome, organized, fun.
Crowd very similar to aguda.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children