Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
How do you do it, yodels?

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 6:21 am
I made something like a yodel, but I can't figure out how to cover it in chocolate without getting finger marks or a smooth bottom. Last time I did it, I covered the whole thing, but the bottom wasn't so smooth and I got finger marks. This time, I didn't cover the ends, so I can hold it there, so I won't get finger marks. Now, while writing this, I'm thinking I can do it in shifts, but is there any other way?

The yodel type thing I made, this is what I did. I got the recipe from my ds's friend mother. She gave them to me as a thank you for her watching my child. Makes no sense, but I gave her something, so she gave me something back. Confused Very Happy
Use a jelly roll type of cake and roll it with the towel or whatever until cool. They sell a ready made one here, so that's what we use. Spread peanut butter all over one side of the cake, the inner roll part. You can eliminate it, but my kids like the peanut butter taste. Cut the cake into rectangles or squares, depending, as long as you want it and wide enough to roll. Put whipped cream down the center and roll and freeze, with open side down. Mine butt up against each other, so they don't open. After frozen, dip in melted chocolate and leave till chocolate hardens.

esther malka

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 9:04 am
Use a deep bowl so the whole yodel can dunk in and use 2 forks to pull it out by the bottom. Slide onto parchment paper to cool. Also be sure to use baking chocolate not chocolate chips for a smooth and shiny finish.
Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins