Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood - anyone still school-less?
  1  2  3  19  20  21  Next

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 12:58 pm
Hi amothers - anyone still waiting to get their daughter into elementary school? I am still waiting to get in and was wondering if any of you are in the same position. Anyone applying to the new school that Rabbi Landau is opening?

MyKidsRQte

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 2:25 pm
Which schools did you apply to? Im not in your position this year, but I will be applying to schools next year!

Who's Rabbi Landau?

debsey

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 4:49 pm
amother wrote:
Hi amothers - anyone still waiting to get their daughter into elementary school? I am still waiting to get in and was wondering if any of you are in the same position. Anyone applying to the new school that Rabbi Landau is opening?

What school is it?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 4:53 pm
Emotional, how did you make out in the end

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 5:10 pm
I am the OP of the long letter that was posted under "parents in pain." BH as of 3 weeks ago my daughter got into an established good school of our choice, (without writing a check Smile.) I am forever grateful to HKBH for getting us to this point and to the one individual who worked tireless to get us to this point. When we got in everyone came over to my husband wishing himself mazal tov. His response is, when I have a kid you can wish me mazal tov, this isn't an occasion, its a nebech what we went through and pple r still going through, not something to celebrate with pats on the back. I wont stop advocating for a change to be put into place bc this system just cant go on.

sky

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 5:28 pm
debsey wrote:
What school is it?

Is that the school that Bais Faiga is behind.
Mrs. Dickler (maybe that is the name - 2nd grade ?? techer from Bais Faiga) - I may have this all wrong we were just discussing it yesterday.
A primary teacher from Bnos Orchos Chaim.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:
I am the OP of the long letter that was posted under "parents in pain." BH as of 3 weeks ago my daughter got into an established good school of our choice, (without writing a check Smile.) I am forever grateful to HKBH for getting us to this point and to the one individual who worked tireless to get us to this point. When we got in everyone came over to my husband wishing himself mazal tov. His response is, when I have a kid you can wish me mazal tov, this isn't an occasion, its a nebech what we went through and pple r still going through, not something to celebrate with pats on the back. I wont stop advocating for a change to be put into place bc this system just cant go on.

I also got into school - a school I never thought to apply to originally and I am thrilled this school. Much better then my original choices.

I'm not sure what options there are other then opening schools regularly, unless you mean fitting over 30 girls in a class or having schools grow faster then they are ready to - because the is what is happening.
I didn't want to send to a school that just opened and has 5 or 6 classes already. It isn't solid growth. OR a school that has 32 girls in a class.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 6:15 pm
When I say a solution, I mean more about how people are treated. Yes, some people will have to settle for a new school, but its all about how its done and how they are treated in the process. andwaiting till the summer needs to be abolished.

Emotional

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
Emotional, how did you make out in the end

Well over the summer we were running around like a chicken without a head. We were getting a lot of advice from people who truly wanted to help, but every expert told us to do something else.
Right now it's still sort of unofficial, but it looks like we'll be sending my son to Brainbuilders for this year, or at least half a year. I have mixed feelings because he will be significantly older than the other kids (it's for ages 3-6 and he's closer to 6) but I think this will be better for him than just having the Vaad push him into any school. He still needs a small class with some social skills training, so he's not ready for regular yeshiva yet.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
When I say a solution, I mean more about how people are treated. Yes, some people will have to settle for a new school, but its all about how its done and how they are treated in the process. andwaiting till the summer needs to be abolished.

as long as there are more people then slots the schools have the upper hand.

Looking at it from the school POV I understand why they take money (I personally would never give). If they can't make their mortgage and someone offers, why shouldn't they take it?

And regarding choshuv people - I personally know someone in this town who gives night and day to answering sheilas and does so much for this town - and I thought it was an embarrassment that no one took his grandchildren. (more of a miscommunication - they thought other schools would take them - and once it was cleared up there were no slots left) In the end a school stepped up to the plate that they didn't' apply to and just took them because they couldn't believe how the rav was treated. I think that was the correct thing to be happening. so they were "shtupped in" last minute. But wasn't that correct?

We had an owner of a school sit us down and explain to us why he wasn't accepting us. We discussed it with our rav, someone in chinuch, and rebbetzin Solomon. All of them thought it was a silly thing but we should do it in the hope that they would accept us. In the mean time (at their advise) we turned all our attention to another school and they accepted us in the end.
I don't blame the other school, it is their right to want to present a certain image to the community. Why should schools be force to accept what they don't want?

I think we should push for more schools that fit more types.

amother

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 10:44 pm
Yes I still have no school for my primary aged son. It is rediculous!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
Yes I still have no school for my primary aged son. It is rediculous!

Where did you apply?

Barbara

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:23 am
What happened to the poster whose daughter's acceptance was revoked due to lashon hara by a busybody?

deena19k

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:30 am
amother wrote:
as long as there are more people then slots the schools have the upper hand.

Looking at it from the school POV I understand why they take money (I personally would never give). If they can't make their mortgage and someone offers, why shouldn't they take it?

And regarding choshuv people - I personally know someone in this town who gives night and day to answering sheilas and does so much for this town - and I thought it was an embarrassment that no one took his grandchildren. (more of a miscommunication - they thought other schools would take them - and once it was cleared up there were no slots left) In the end a school stepped up to the plate that they didn't' apply to and just took them because they couldn't believe how the rav was treated. I think that was the correct thing to be happening. so they were "shtupped in" last minute. But wasn't that correct?

We had an owner of a school sit us down and explain to us why he wasn't accepting us. We discussed it with our rav, someone in chinuch, and rebbetzin Solomon. All of them thought it was a silly thing but we should do it in the hope that they would accept us. In the mean time (at their advise) we turned all our attention to another school and they accepted us in the end.
I don't blame the other school, it is their right to want to present a certain image to the community. Why should schools be force to accept what they don't want?

I think we should push for more schools that fit more types.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 3:22 am
My DR is actually going to that new school. From what I heard of the parent body it will be a great group. They are targeting to be along the lines of Bais Faiga, but just smaller.
I know that the administrator is being selective a bit and supposedly they have already said no to a few applicants (I know of one personally).

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 3:25 am
sky wrote:
Is that the school that Bais Faiga is behind.
Mrs. Dickler (maybe that is the name - 2nd grade ?? techer from Bais Faiga) - I may have this all wrong we were just discussing it yesterday.
A primary teacher from Bnos Orchos Chaim.

Her name is Dickstein and she is the 2nd grade teacher from Bais Faiga. Supposedly she is the one behind the entire curriculum for the Grater building.

amotherof3

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 4:32 am
How did you hear about this new school? My daughter is not in any school yet and no one told us about this one. Are they picking and choosing who to "invite"?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:22 am
amotherof3 wrote:
How did you hear about this new school? My daughter is not in any school yet and no one told us about this one. Are they picking and choosing who to "invite"?

You can try calling the vaad or menashe frankel direct
A friend who looked into it found out because she was really pushing in bias faiga and they directed her there.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:24 am
deena19k wrote:
Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Can you please elaborate?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:26 am
amother wrote:
Can you please elaborate?

Please remember there is a person behind amother. I shared personal details so couldn't do it under my name as people know me. Had I done it under my username you wouldn't have said that.
Page 1 of 21   1  2  3  19  20  21  Next Recent Topics