Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Five towns info

amother

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 10:20 pm
I am looking to relocate to five towns
I would appreciate info about :
schools options for boys
And Which town is Easy commute to Manhattan

chayamiriam

Post Sat, Aug 16 2014, 10:59 pm
Any place near the Long Island railroad is great. There are tons of great schools for every child not hard to get into. I don't have an exact list maybe someone else will post. Lots if kosher stores great community will all kinds of different types of frum people who all can find a place to daven that is just right for them! Good luck and welcome

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:23 am
Thanks!!
A good school for boys anyone??

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 2:36 am
I would be very careful about moving here. Unless u know people and have friends here, the 5towns is super competitive. Its very hard for outsiders to find their "nitch". Just being honest.

chanar

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 3:09 am
What type of boys school are you looking for? There are a number of schools, all for totally different family types... I presume the biggest ones are Darchei... Yeshiva ketana, south shore... Haftr.. And more.. Depends what exactly you are looking for..

chayamiriam

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:10 am
My daughter moved there last year was very nervous about making friends. She didn't know any one in Woodmere. In a very short time she made some great friends. People were super friendly! I think the five towns has a reputation of being snobby,unfriendly, and fancy. Yes, there are some fancy people but there are plenty of plain down to earth frum people. In the Young Israel you are sure to find all kinds of Frum people . If Young Israel is not your type plenty of stebles around! Mazel Tov and welcome to the neighborhood !

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:54 am
How old are your boys? Are you looking for preschool/elementary/junior high or high school? What type? Giving you a list of all the schools won't really help, cuz then you'll have to weed out appropriate and inappropriate....

granolamom

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 9:08 am
chanar wrote:
What type of boys school are you looking for? There are a number of schools, all for totally different family types... I presume the biggest ones are Darchei... Yeshiva ketana, south shore... Haftr.. And more.. Depends what exactly you are looking for..

HALB too

amother

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 6:19 pm
Thanks for your replies. We prefer no coed and strong torah and secular education.

chayamiriam

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 7:46 pm
HALB is not coed after preschool. HALB has a strong secular English dept. South shore is a forum boyz school wonderful warm administration strong secular dept. there are so so many more schools here that's a fit for every type of jewish family. Hatzlucha!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 8:23 pm
chayamiriam wrote:
HALB is not coed after preschool. HALB has a strong secular English dept. South shore is a forum boyz school wonderful warm administration strong secular dept. there are so so many more schools here that's a fit for every type of jewish family. Hatzlucha!

Thanks! How much is tuition aprox???

bookworm10

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 8:29 pm
There are TONS of yeshivos in the Five Towns.

Also, I found the five towns super warm. I did not really know anyone and made lots of friends with other moms, people in shul, etc. There are so many people that moved here from all over. Again, each neighborhood is different but I am really happy, as are most people I know who moved here from somewhere else.

Hashkafically, what are you looking for? I will list the schools that I know from Left to Right.

HALB-
South Shore
Yeshiva Ketana of Long Island
Darchei Torah
Siach Yitzchak

Maybe do a search of each of these schools. I do not know enough about the schools to comment, I know that Darchei Torah and Yeshiva Ketana have similar hashkafos. Siach Yitzchok is a cheder-type school, with Rebbe's at a young age and a poorer secular education.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 3:06 pm
How much is tuition ?
Is life more expensive than brooklyn?
Food etc?

granolamom

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 7:13 pm
amother wrote:
How much is tuition ?
Is life more expensive than brooklyn?
Food etc?

I suggest you:
call the schools and get reliable info (iirc, we are paying somewhere between $12000 and $13000 for our second grader in Yeshiva South Shore this year, not sure if that includes dinner and registration, and I dont know how the other schools compare)
call the utilities companies that service the five towns and compare rates to what you pay now.
take a drive out here and walk through the kosher groceries and price compare.
talk to realtors and ask about property taxes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating