Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Four BP teens attacked Fri night, and not on the news?

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 12:35 am
Teens were attacked in BP by Mexicans and antisemitic slurs were used.

There was mention of it on the Dov Hikind Show, but I only see one minor news item on it. One teen was taken to the hospital.

http://jpupdates.com/2014/08/1.....park/

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 12:50 am
Well the news doesn't get so excited about attacks on Jews. They pounce when it's the other way around.

But what bothers me more is this sentence in the article: "The New York Police Department was called Friday night by people who witnessed the assault, but when they appeared an hour later, no one was at the scene."

I mean, seriously? No one was there anymore when the police came an hour later? Why did it take the police an hour to get there? Were they expecting the attackers and the injured people to hang around all night waiting for them to decide to show up? Is it really an hour trip with lights and sirens from the closest police station to 42nd St.?

smilingmom

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 7:10 am
the world's best mom wrote:

But what bothers me more is this sentence in the article: "The New York Police Department was called Friday night by people who witnessed the assault, but when they appeared an hour later, no one was at the scene."

I mean, seriously? No one was there anymore when the police came an hour later? Why did it take the police an hour to get there? Were they expecting the attackers and the injured people to hang around all night waiting for them to decide to show up? Is it really an hour trip with lights and sirens from the closest police station to 42nd St.?

Nothing new, I live in Brooklyn, though not in boro park.
My granddaughter was hit by a car and transported to the hospital before the police showed up. Hatzalah as part of their protocol, called 911.
By the time, the police showed up at the accident site and meandered their way to the hospital was over an hour. we were focused on my granddaughter and did not even think of calling 911. The police officer berated my daughter for not calling 911. He did this in front of a hospital administrator, who promptly reported the officer to his superiors.

geshmak

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 7:15 am
Unless an incident is called in as a gang fight (I.e. guns involved!?) it takes police a while to show up.
It's a shame, because often they are sitting around in the precinct house schmoozing, and the procrastination is unjustified.

Lady Bug

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 7:53 am
66th precinct is the worst. It takes them forever to show up, if they ever do. They rely on Shomrim and Hatzalah to do the job.

I once called for something minor and I couldn't even get through. After two attempts where they dropped my call, I gave up, I had nightmares after that where there would be an intruder in my home, and I quietly got hold of the phone, dialed 911, and the call was dropped.

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 9:47 am
There has to be an agency who monitors police to report on police' speed of response....

Id call 311 to get the name of the agency. Someone at 311 will have the right number.

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 10:12 am
geshmak wrote:
Unless an incident is called in as a gang fight (I.e. guns involved!?) it takes police a while to show up.
It's a shame, because often they are sitting around in the precinct house schmoozing, and the procrastination is unjustified.

I once had to call 911 on my block because some goons were beating up a neighbor (I have no idea what he was into Rolling Eyes ). The first question that 911 asked me was if they had a gun. I said it doesn't look like anyone took out a gun. The police then came an hour later. Of course everyone was gone by then.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 10:36 am
octopus wrote:
I once had to call 911 on my block because some goons were beating up a neighbor (I have no idea what he was into Rolling Eyes ). The first question that 911 asked me was if they had a gun. I said it doesn't look like anyone took out a gun. The police then came an hour later. Of course everyone was gone by then.

They didn't say weapon, only gun?? Nuts!!

groisamomma

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 10:41 am
octopus wrote:

Always say "I don't know" if asked about visible weapons. If they hear from you that it doesn't look like there's a weapon they go by your (reasonable) suspicion that there is no weapon and their backs are covered in case of a lawsuit. Say you don't know, or even "I think he might have something in his waistband but I'm not sure" and watch how fast they show up to investigate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics