Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
School psychology internship and pregnancy

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 6:56 am
Does anyone, or anyone know anyone who has been in this predicament (I can call and speak to someone, doesn't have to be here)and can provide guidance/ assistance with this? I already have a commitment and am under pressure to graduate. I need advice about how to get all the hours I need in.

Lady Bug

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 10:44 am
Are you due in middle of your internship?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 12:50 pm
I'm doing student teaching and our program rules are you're supposed to be there 3 full days a week. I arranged to do 5 mornings a week instead. Would something like that work for you?

Or, can you take a few weeks off when the baby comes and then finish your internship a month or two later than everyone else?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 1:10 pm
How many hours do you need?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 1:10 am

I did something like this-not a school placement but a psychology internship nonetheless. I wasn't due during the internship but found out I was expecting in the middle of it. Caused some issues when people found out and wanted to give me special treatment (and therefore made me feel awkward, especially in front of my clients) as well as gave me the feeling that I didn't get all the clients I could have "because you need to take it easy". Awkwardness all around!

If you are due during the internship, make sure you get coverage and follow the legal/ethical guidelines for your profession and state.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics