Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Poll for those who only wear tichels- pls respond
Previous  1  2

would you pay someone to tie an elegant tichel arrangement on your head for a simcha?
yes, for the simcha of a close family member  
 13%  [ 9 ]
yes, for any simcha I'd attend  
 4%  [ 3 ]
no, I like the way I tie my own tichels  
 43%  [ 29 ]
maybe. it depends on the price.  
 37%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 66

Kitten

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 7:10 am
I know people who would be interested (I don't know how much they would pay for it).
I wear a sheitel most of the time, but I have tried to achieve this look at home, which was a complete failure. I suppose I am not the only one having experienced that and some people who would want to have a fancy tichel for a simcha would go to see a professional. I personnaly do everything myself (I never had my hair done, I wash my sheitel, etc.), but I guess if you have your nails, makeup and sheitel done before a simcha, why not have your tichel done?
Besides business cards, I would suggest you to have 1 or 2 videos online, or a Facebook page, or something like that, so that people see concrete examples of what you can do.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 10:56 am
thanks, everyone. I intend to leave business cards at the local mikvas and any accessory store that will allow me to. I'm working on figuring out Facebook (never had an account before), and I may set up a website. and I would love to hear what kind of incentives anyone would be interested in.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 11:22 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I think that a reasonable estimate for a fee would be whatever women are willing to pay for a nice wash and set on a sheitel, because it's a comparable service. If they choose to buy the scarves instead of rent them then you could offer them a really nice discount, and an incentive discount for any referrals they send you.

My rebbetzin and I are the only ones in our kehillah that cover completely, most don't cover, or just wear a hat. If they wear a scarf, they push it way back to show a lot of hair in the front.

Rebbetzin M and I are really into fancy scarves, and we're talking about doing a tutorial class on how to wear them (Sephardic shul, no one is interested in sheitels there.) I've been rocking some amazing looks lately, with intricate twists and a pretty brooch on the side, to build up interest. So many women have been coming up to me and saying "I have tons of scarves, but I never wear them because I don't know what to do with them. How do you tie it like that? It looks so hard!"

Once people start seeing your wraps, there's going to be lots of interest I'm sure. Word of mouth and networking are what makes or breaks you, so whenever you leave the house, make sure you look flawless and CARRY BUSINESS CARDS! (I'd even go so far as to bring a stash of cards to shul on a weekday, so you can hand them out after havdalah to anyone who asks.)

I would love to hear about the tutorial class. that sounds great. I think I need to join a sephardic shul Smile

papermageling

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 10:50 pm
I would want to see a portfolio of previous work before signing up for something like that. I'm perfectly happy with the way I tie my tichels, and I definitely have a few things that would be nice enough for a fancy wedding, but I'd be open to buying a set of tichels and accessories with an appointment to learn how to put them all together if I was sufficiently impressed with the look. I'm not a fan of having something styled for me before a big event because I find it stressful. I'd much rather learn to do it myself well in advance.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 3:15 pm
papermageling wrote:
I would want to see a portfolio of previous work before signing up for something like that. I'm perfectly happy with the way I tie my tichels, and I definitely have a few things that would be nice enough for a fancy wedding, but I'd be open to buying a set of tichels and accessories with an appointment to learn how to put them all together if I was sufficiently impressed with the look. I'm not a fan of having something styled for me before a big event because I find it stressful. I'd much rather learn to do it myself well in advance.

that is a good point, and I am working on a portfolio.

ronbonboo

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 3:28 pm
You know Mary Kay, and pampered chef? Same concept but not a huge company. Stock up on different styles and colors for different occasions plus accessories and advertise tichel parties for kallahs or ladies night out. Have people host they provide drinks and food and a location of course then bring your stuff. Have like a special present for the host and or Kallah. And you can let the ladies try on and experiment as well as sell.
I wouldn't pay to have someone wrap a tichel bc I wear a wig and firmly believe there are times when a tichel isn't appropriate such as court or school for me (cosmotology school) and so I wouldn't for a wedding but that's not the point.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 3:30 pm
ronbonboo wrote:
You know Mary Kay, and pampered chef? Same concept but not a huge company. Stock up on different styles and colors for different occasions plus accessories and advertise tichel parties for kallahs or ladies night out. Have people host they provide drinks and food and a location of course then bring your stuff. Have like a special present for the host and or Kallah. And you can let the ladies try on and experiment as well as sell.
I wouldn't pay to have someone wrap a tichel bc I wear a wig and firmly believe there are times when a tichel isn't appropriate such as court or school for me (cosmotology school) and so I wouldn't for a wedding but that's not the point.

sounds like a good idea, thanks.

as for the last paragraph, that's why I stated that the poll is for those who only wear tichels Smile
if you don't hold that sheitels are ok, you can't really put one on for special circumstances. I appreciate your opinion, though.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 2:00 pm
I just saw this post three years late. I would pay 50-100$ depending on what was included in order to get a nice look that would 'go' for a fancy event. I wear sheitels for work but tichels on yom tov and shabbos (Sephardi husband/shul). Let us know how business is doing.

Boca00

Post Sun, Dec 17 2017, 2:22 pm
Such a cool idea! OP- how's this working out?

I wouldn't feel comfortable to rent tichels bec of lice and hygiene, but I would buy for a simcha.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels