Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Bursted eardrum

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:43 pm
My baby has lot of discharge from ear which looks like a bursted eardrum. I was told by family members which have experience with this that theres nothing to do abt it just have to make sure it doesnt get wet till its healed. How do I know when its healed that could bathe him regular? How do I bathe him to prevent water from going in?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 8:47 pm
You must see a doctor. It may be infected or at risk of infection and you have to treat it.

proudmother770

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 9:00 pm
My dr sent me to an ent when my baby had a busted ear drum who gave me special drops to help it heal quicker and told me to come back in 2 weeks to check if it healed.
I put cotton ball in her ear for baths

amother

Post Sun, Aug 17 2014, 11:12 pm
Quote:
I was told by family members which have experience with this that theres nothing to do abt it just have to make sure it doesnt get wet till its healed.

I'm not sure where in the world this family member got this information from. Of course there is something to do. We see this in our office all the time. It is typically treated with antibiotic ear drops which are dropped into the ear a few times a day for 7 days. This is a localized treatment to the ear itself and treats the infection. Sometimes the doctor may prescribe oral antibiotics as well.

Bruria

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 12:07 am
Please go to a doctor and see what you should do.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 10:49 am
My dd had many punctured eardrums. (I mean, she only has two eardrums, but they punctured many times.) The doctor prescribed drops, but if the mucus was too thick for the drops to penetrate, she needed oral antibiotics.

How old is your baby? Did he have a cold before this happened? If he did not have a cold, and especially if he's very young (0-6 months old), it is usually a sign of dairy intolerance. You need to see a doctor and monitor the level of fluid in your baby's ears, and if it doesn't go away soon, you should probably take him off dairy. (If you're nursing, you would have to take yourself off dairy.)

malkacooks

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 11:01 am
my baby has had 2 burst eardrums from ear infections. you need to go to the doctoer and get special drops torevent infections and to make sure it is healing. please go quickly otherwise it will be much harder to deal with later
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics