Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Debate to really clean for guests

amother

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 10:55 am
My cousin is coming for Shabbat with her 8 kids ages 15 and down- I was planning on really giving the house a good cleaning, but knowing it will be topsy turvy again would you save the energy- do I do a simple clean of the toilets and wait til after the tornado- what would you do?

Chayalle

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 10:59 am
I would do a regular normal cleanup, and save the deep-cleaning for after.

Wow - you are having lots of company! You deserve an award!

bookworm10

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 11:02 am
I would do a basic cleaning of linen, bathroom, floors. Save the heavy cleaning for after. Definitely.

ronbonboo

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 11:03 am
I would make sure everything is picked up and put away. I would make sure kors are vaacumed, sweeped, and or mopped. I would make sure everything is dusted and of course clean linens. Even to go to my cousins I would be offended if I walked into a messy house ie family or not I'm company and I don't feel comfortable here bc it's gross. I wouldn't call that doing hachnosas orchim well. That being said, I wouldn't go over board it's not pesaxh

amother

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 12:12 pm
op here- thanks! I did plan to clean up, but the thought of really organizing the toys- that kind of cleaning seemed like it would be a waste of time.

rivmom

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 12:32 pm
Let’s be honest, your cousin have 8 kids, their house is never in perfect shape. I would do a good general cleaning, but the guest may realize that a family is living here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics