Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How to find monsey apts/house rentals

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 12:17 pm
We are thinking About moving to monsey but aren't sure how to find listings of apartments or houses for rent and in what area.

TIA

momX4

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 1:49 pm
community connections. You can find the current one online.

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:00 pm
http://connections.3712222.com/1947/#/0

Current Community Connections viewable online.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:45 pm
I've tried the links and searching for the we site itself but it's not working. I can get to their main page but not view anything inside. Maybe their site is down? Is there another way to see them classifieds? Is this the only way to find the rentals?

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:49 pm
Also is there any area that has a sefardi shul? If yes where and what type of people.

Thank you
OP here and previous post

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:52 pm
It works for me. Perhaps your computer is missing some component like Java? I know they use some kind of script on their site to make it dynamic when you view the magazine.

Here is a print screen of the relevant pages: https://dl.dropboxusercontent......c.jpg

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:56 pm
I am not Sefardi and don't know about their shuls but maybe someone else on this site who is Sefardi and lives in Monsey can help you.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 2:57 pm
Wow thank you so much. I really appreciate it!
Are you familiar with the area in terms of where there would be any sefardim/sefardi shuls?

Op

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 3:01 pm
OP again.

Sorry I just saw your post, must have posted while I was typing.

Thank you for your help. Greatly appreciated.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:42 pm
Bumping

Anyone from monsey that knows of a sefardi neighborhood or where there might be a sefardi shul?

watermelon

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:20 pm
I don't think there is any all sefardi neighborhood, but two sefardi shuls are Rabbi Bachrach and Rabbi Yagen. Sefardim probably live within walking distance of the shul they daven at. I can think of a few nice sefardic familys that live in each of the above mentioned rabbanims neighborhoods...

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:35 pm
Would you be able to tell me which neighborhoods those are.

watermelon

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:43 pm
Saddle River or Dolson neighborhoods. You can probably find out more if you speak to those Rabbanim. I don't have their numbers, but try to google.

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:45 pm
Also there is a Sefardi (Israeli type) shul on Rita Drive. But you really have sefardim all over. We have several neighbors who are sefardim (and my parents also have) and we don't live near any of the sefardim shuls that we know of.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:50 pm
Thank u for all the replies.

Well I figured knowing where there was a shul might help us. We have no problem at all being in a mixed neighborhood. That's completely fine. I do feel we should be around neighbors that are similar to us though. For example we aren't chasidish and at the same time not MO

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:51 pm
Our realtor found us a rental. Do you have a realtor in Monsey?

mandr

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:52 pm
amother wrote:
Thank u for all the replies.

Well I figured knowing where there was a shul might help us. We have no problem at all being in a mixed neighborhood. That's completely fine. I do feel we should be around neighbors that are similar to us though. For example we aren't chasidish and at the same time not MO

So most neighborhoods are pretty mixed but not so much in Spring Valley - you've got some pretty chassidish neighborhoods there and wouldn't fit in if you're not so chassidish. If you are looking at a specific street or area, I'd be happy to tell you more about that neighborhood, assuming I know of it!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:58 pm
I know very little about monsey besides the fact that some areas are very chasidish and some are very modern. And since we don't fit into either I'm kinda at a loss of how to go about figuring where we would fit it. For example, I don't know where Rita drive is.

We don't have a realtor and was hoping not to have to use one.

OP

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 12:02 am
I think the sefardi shul on Rita (a VERY chassidish street) is actually a sefardi BT yeshiva. I believe Rabbi Bachrach heads it. If you look up Bachrach and speak to them they'd probably give you a lot of info.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 12:10 am
amother wrote:
I know very little about monsey besides the fact that some areas are very chasidish and some are very modern. And since we don't fit into either I'm kinda at a loss of how to go about figuring where we would fit it. For example, I don't know where Rita drive is.

We don't have a realtor and was hoping not to have to use one.

OP

Do you prefer a sefardi shul within walking distance?
The blueberry hill/victoria garden apartments are within walking distance of the sefardi shul on Rita, yet it has a mix of all types-chassidish, yeshivish, balebatish, more modernish. There are plenty of neighborhoods that are not chassidish. There aren't any specifically MOareas in monsey that I can think of. Aside from the chassidish areas, there are all different degrees of litvish, all along the spectrum like I mentioned above in the apartments.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating