Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can you wear navy shoes with black tights

wife2

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 5:43 pm
can you wear navy shoes with black skirt and tights and no other navy in the outfit?

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 5:48 pm
Not really. It wouldn't look right.

Can you wear it with a navy top? A navy top with skin colored tights would put the look together.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:02 pm
Black shoes needed.

Payless has some cheap ones online. They look fine. Good quality shoes are a pleasure, and can be a necessity, but there are also ways to pinch-hit with cheap shoes, if you are not walking much in them.

Shoelover

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:41 pm
Depends on the sshoe. Can look great

Barbara

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:52 pm
wife2 wrote:
can you wear navy shoes with black skirt and tights and no other navy in the outfit?

Can you? Sure. No one will shoot you. Unless you go to Ferguson. Who knows what they would do in Ferguson.

Will it look good? IMNSHO, no. The blue of the shoes will look off with the black of the tights, like you didn't realize what color they are. If you want a contrast to the black tights, go with a different color. Or wear black shoes. Or nude tights.

itssimplyme

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 6:56 pm
Depending on the exact colour of the shoes it might clash with the black, but it might look ok with a grey or an off white or cream top/cardigan with the skirt. It would look better with skin coloured tights, as opposed to black.
Obviously black shoes would go better with the black skirt, but I think a black skirt, black tights and black shoes is far too black. I'd wear a black skirt with skin coloured tights and black, or off white/cream coloured shoes - but , if you want to wear the navy shoes then go for it (:

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 8:47 pm
I wouldn't be caught dead in that combination, but I'm pretty old school about my clothing.

I was taught to never, ever wear navy with black. Cobalt blue and black look great, but navy clashes terribly.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 9:22 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I wouldn't be caught dead in that combination, but I'm pretty old school about my clothing.

I was taught to never, ever wear navy with black. Cobalt blue and black look great, but navy clashes terribly.

Actually, navy and black can look very chic together when done right. But navy shoes with black skirt and tights and no navy on top just wouldn't work.

gittelchana

Post Tue, Aug 19 2014, 11:16 pm
wife2 wrote:

I don't think so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics