Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Salaries for teachers in Monsey/Spring Valley

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 8:44 pm
Hi,
I recently moved from Brooklyn to Monsey, and was wondering approximately how much teachers here get paid. I'm particularly interested in knowing about pre-school and lower elementary school teachers' salaries.... Thanks so much!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 9:17 pm
I can't give you a definitive answer, but I taught in a school in Queens last year that paid 15k (for the year). I had several colleagues who commuted from Monsey every day because that was considered a princely sum AND we were paid on time. That should give you an idea of the situation in Monsey.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 9:30 pm
After many years, I was up to $30,000 for an afternoon of junior high in Monsey. But that's when I actually received a paycheck. The situation is disgusting.

GreenEyes26

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
I can't give you a definitive answer, but I taught in a school in Queens last year that paid 15k (for the year). I had several colleagues who commuted from Monsey every day because that was considered a princely sum AND we were paid on time. That should give you an idea of the situation in Monsey.

$15k!?! How is that even worth it to work at all????? Is that for one class or a full 40-hour workweek??? I am appalled!!!

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 10:49 pm
I teach in a school in monsey, the situation varies greatly depending on the school. 15k doesn't sound like much but it depends on your hours, how many days a week etc. Teaching is generally a p/t job and the salary reflects that.

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 12:47 am
GreenEyes26 wrote:
$15k!?! How is that even worth it to work at all????? Is that for one class or a full 40-hour workweek??? I am appalled!!!

I was thinking the same thing, I'm barely convinced it's worth getting out of bed for 15k, let alone travel from Monsey to Queens (how long is that anyway?)
Definitely not a 40-hour week but I'm wondering how many hours it is, is that a full morning?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 5:46 pm
10 years ago I was paid 12k for a full afternoon teaching high school in Monsey. I had a master's degree.

I also taught elementary in the mornings, in a school that's no longer in business. I didn't get paid for months so I quit.

momX4

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 7:56 pm
The teacher I know all have kids in the school they teach in. I am not sure what benefits they get from tuition, but I would assume that they get something. One teacher just quit working because all of her kids graduated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics