Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is this normal ????

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 5:39 am
My son is going to playgroup for the first time this September he will be 2 yrs old. Today I got a registration form that ask me to sign a few things . One of those things rubbed me the wrong way . It says " I release all Morahs of any claims of liability and I agree not take any legal action against them " .... Um no If I feel my child is is danger u can be dam sure I'm taking legal action against u! And I do hold the Morahs responsible for the safety of my child . I'm not looking to sue anyone but why would I sign that ? I asked her to explain she said that alot of play groups give it out so they don't get sued. Is that true ? Is this the norm ? It's my first kid so no experience with this . Her playgroup is probably not legal so she probably just be looking to protect her self. But I'm looking to protect my child. She struck me as a very nice and normal person and the playgroup seemed nice clean and safe . but hey u never no these days . Looking for some input here Imamother bec I told ppl about this .

5*Mom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 5:47 am
You can confirm this with a lawyer but a signed statement like that does not protect her legally in the event of negligence or criminal behavior. It's has no legal worth.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 7:45 am
5*Mom wrote:
You can confirm this with a lawyer but a signed statement like that does not protect her legally in the event of negligence or criminal behavior. It's has no legal worth.

This. Also I had to sign this for two different places. Its common whrn they are not legal.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:33 am
Thanks I just wanted to know if it really was the norm ....

5*Mom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:34 am
Weird, but meh. It's worthless.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics