Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
European imamothers-- which margarine for baking?

mk613

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:02 am
I'm really missing my kosher, parve, buttery-tasting Earth Balance baking sticks over here in Europe! Has anyone found a good (and not too greasy) baking substitute for parve margarine (and also vegetable shortening)?

The people I've talked to seem to be getting their baking margarine from Israeli relatives or visitors, but I'm trying to stay more local!

mk613

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 3:48 pm
Anything?

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 4:25 pm
I never heard of getting it from somewhere else.

You have various "unhealthy"/artificial or healthy/vegetal margs.

Or you can use oil.

Now, Europe is so vast and varied, a full continent- if you are way OOT I can't advise like if you are in Paris or Antwerp.

rachel91

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 4:53 pm
If I use margarine, I use a margarine called 'Adiet', but since Europe is BIG with many, many countries ( Europe is a continent),and I have no idea where exactly you're located, I don't know if this brand is available in your country.

You must be more specific about your country, if you want precise information it's better to write Italian/ English/ French/ Belgian etc. imamothers, than European.

Hope I could help, and in case you are in Belgium you would have the brand mentioned above available, otherwise I don't know.

bamba

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 5:04 pm
If you in the UK there are many perfectly suitable margerines for baking. One is Rakusens-Tomor margerine. They do hard and soft margerine...
Good luck

pink flower

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 5:43 pm
I use Blue Band Margarine, available throughout Europe. http://www.kosher4u.eu/blue-ba......html

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 8:22 pm
margarine isn't healthy. Butter is much healthier. I know it's not pareve though. Perhaps you can use an alternative?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen