Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
KGH where do you do your grocery shopping?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 6:56 am
Where do you do your grocery shopping? Why? Do you find the prices better in one store? Is the customer service in one store worth paying higher prices?

morah

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 8:19 am
I split between Aron's and Seasons- sometimes Aron's has the better sales, sometimes Seasons does. You have to check the circulars. I find more often Aron's has the good sales, but when Seasons has them, they're really really good. Wasserman's is reserved for emergencies- like if I need something in the middle of the night or very close to Shabbos. You do pay a premium for their weird hours, so I don't shop there regularly.

miami85

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:12 am
It kind of depends who is doing the Shopping and what time of day. Seasons is too far away for me to really consider it, and I have found that their prices don't entice me much. Wasserman's is our go to place at night or for WIC shops. My husband prefers Brachs' for most things as he has compared prices and their's aren't too bad. However, for sale prices, specialty items and produce we tend to go to Arons.

MMCH

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 10:10 am
I go to aron's regularly, I think they have more sales.
BUT, like someone else said, when Season's has a sale, its a really really good one (they had corned beef on sale for 5.99 or 6.99 a pound a few weeks ago)

honestly, Aron's drives me crazy. from the parking lot, to navigating around the store, to the lines. but yet I keep going back lol...

seasons is a pleasure to shop in, but ur paying for it.

Chloe22

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 1:47 pm
I shop at Seasons because I go shopping after work and Seasons is much more pleasant to shop in at that time than Arons. I also like the free coffee.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 11:20 am
kgh180 wrote:
I shop at Seasons because I go shopping after work and Seasons is much more pleasant to shop in at that time than Arons. I also like the free coffee.

Interesting.

I live in Westchester, and the Seasons here has high prices and is not at all a pleasant place to shop. I'll only go in there in case of emergency. (It's a chain, but the specials are different at the different stores.)

I go to Queens and do most of my meat and dairy shopping at Arons. It's clean. The quality is always great. We shop the specials, so the prices are low. They're always willing to help you with special cuts, especially if you call ahead. Sure it can be crowded, but it's worth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics