Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
PSA: Scam Call About Hackers

Lady Bug

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 1:29 pm
I just got a phone call from an anonymous phone number. They said they are calling from technical support and since I was having a lot of tech issues with my computer lately because of hackers trying to hack my computer, they need me to go to my computer and they will help me.

When I told him that the only person trying to hack my computer was him, he responded, "your mother and father hacked you by using a used condom shock ". Lol.

Just a PSA for the distracted people out there who would fall for this.

sky

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 1:33 pm
Yeah I also got this. I had some fun with the guy as well.

Funniest was my sister-in-law who doesn't have internet. She was like I can't browse to your page. he didn't believe her.

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 5:19 pm
eeewwww. (the lewd remark).

acemom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 8:29 pm
Lady Bug wrote:
I just got a phone call from an anonymous phone number. They said they are calling from technical support and since I was having a lot of tech issues with my computer lately because of hackers trying to hack my computer, they need me to go to my computer and they will help me.

When I told him that the only person trying to hack my computer was him, he responded, "your mother and father hacked you by using a used condom shock ". Lol.

Just a PSA for the distracted people out there who would fall for this.

OMG Scratching Head

rdmom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 8:59 pm
My husband is very computer savvy. My brother got a call like that and he put my husband on speaker along with him. My husband acted really dumb and was following all of the guys instructions. My husband was playing it so well. The guy told him to press certain buttons on the computer and he will see red alerts coming on the screen. My husband started acting all freaked out and begging the guy to erase the red alerts while whoever was in the background on our side couldn't keep our laughter back.
Finally, before the last step where the tech actually connects to the computer, after a half hour, when he was so happy that he found a sucker, my husband told him, sorry sir. I am not interested. Every new computer has the red alerts and the only one hacking is you. The tech hung up so fast you wouldn't believe.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:10 pm
I don't understand why people waste their time talking to these people. As soon as I hear their spiel, I hang up and then block their number for the future.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:26 pm
ootbubby, it's FUN. seriously.

my dh reads his spam for fun every once in a while. specifically the outrageous requests for money transfers, addressed to you from some de-throned prince of some country you never heard of. the sob stories are worthy of mishpacha serials Smile

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:28 pm
in fact, I once took a phone survey as a young teen. they wanted to know about my experience with cars. they asked what my first car had been, and I told them it was a cozy coupe. they got off the phone pretty fast after that. their fault for not asking my age before asking me for information about my car insurance policy Smile

penguin

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 9:30 pm
I started to humor them to see what they would say. Then I started asking the guy the name of his company and where he's calling from. He said something like "Tarzana, Oregon". Hm, I think there's a Tarzana in Calif, but not in Oregon, so I am trying to google the town & ask the guy his address. Eventually he caught on that I am wise to him...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics