Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Need school immunization record. health insurance canceled

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:01 pm
Our health insurance got canceled. I need someone to fill immunization record for school. The pediatrician has our records. I don't even know if we are up to date. What should I do????

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:03 pm
amother wrote:
Our health insurance got canceled. I need someone to fill immunization record for school. The pediatrician has our records. I don't even know if we are up to date. What should I do????

Can you get a copy of the records and see if you are up to date? If ou are then it shouldn't be a problem right? Pediatrician should give them to you even if you are currently not being seen.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:05 pm
You don't need insurance in order to have the doctor fill out the forms.

The only issue is if the kids are not up to date, but meanwhile call the doctors office and request the forms. They'll tell you if anything is needed and you'll take it from there.

LittleDucky

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 2:33 pm
The can't withhold your medical info from you. You probably have to pay a small fee to fill out forms (every doc it seems like has a charge OOP- $10 each or so). If you aren't up to date, there are free/low cost clinics that do school immunizations...

I thought insurance couldn't get canceled anymore unless you don't pay? Do you know why it was? Can you fight it?

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 6:34 pm
LittleDucky wrote:
The can't withhold your medical info from you. You probably have to pay a small fee to fill out forms (every doc it seems like has a charge OOP- $10 each or so). If you aren't up to date, there are free/low cost clinics that do school immunizations...

I thought insurance couldn't get canceled anymore unless you don't pay? Do you know why it was? Can you fight it?

We didn't pay. I'm not sure if the doctor will fill our forms unless we make an appointment.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 6:43 pm
most docs will fill out the forms without an appointment since you need it for school and they're often overbooked. just call and request them. while you're at it, ask if your kids need any shots or if they're up to date.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 6:46 pm
Every school age child needs forms, and no doctor's office can handle that number of appointments. They will not require an appt unless you need to catch up on vaccines or your records are otherwise not up to date. Just call and ask for the forms.

momX4

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 7:58 pm
When I need my kids forms I just ask the secretary and she prints them out. Try stopping by and see what happens.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 10:34 pm
you don't have to be up to date on vaccines to attend school. there are various exceptions you can take.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 1:26 am
momX4 wrote:
When I need my kids forms I just ask the secretary and she prints them out. Try stopping by and see what happens.

The school gave me a firm to fill. Doesn't the doctor have to fill it?

amother

Post Fri, Aug 22 2014, 1:54 am
amother wrote:
The school gave me a firm to fill. Doesn't the doctor have to fill it?
the doc's staff stamps it for you or had the doc sign after they fill it out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics