Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
At what stage do I transfer my infant to a regular bathtub?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 2:01 pm
He is now 5 months old and has been lifting his head beautifully for months already. Do I wait until he actually sits up independently?

sped

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 3:57 pm
I would wait until it is difficult to bathe him in the baby bathtub. I feel like it is safer and much easier for me!

pink flower

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 5:56 pm
I bathed my kids in the baby bath until they grew out of it.

pecan

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 7:04 pm
The baby definitely has to be sitting well independently and even then you must keep a hand on him throughout the bath, because the water makes the bathtub slippery.

mom24.7

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 7:06 pm
Definitely until they're can't sit comfortably. And even then I wait another while. I say around 12 months.

Eishes Chaim

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 7:09 pm
I transfer them once they start sitting. Most of my babies are active, so I'm always itching to make that transition....

asd3

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 8:54 pm
I actually don't use a baby bath I put them in the big bath when they're like two weeks old with like an inch of water wash them and take them right out

little_mage

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:31 pm
Go for it. What I did with my five month old (who wasn't really sitting up), was put a foam block under her head so that she was slightly elevated and kept the water level real low. You can also just use a towel (a tip I got from imamother), but I found the towel got completely, totally and utterly sodden, and was a pain to deal with.

liora25

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 3:00 am
I had a baby chair for the bath,that my baby could lie in in the bath tub, was the best thing, I moved him when he was about 8 weeks, made bathing my little girl so much easier, and could bath them at the same time

nameless

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 3:53 am
We didn't use a baby baths, either.
We had something like this for the beginning http://www.amazon.com/PRIMO-In.....sert] . Then when she sat nicely we switched her to this type of seat http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bat.....seat] which she loves!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 8:26 am
I used a sling kind of bath seat in the regular tub from the beginning. It isn't any more dangerous, you're obviously sitting with a hand on the child at all times.

suzyq

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 12:19 pm
My first I kept in the baby bath until he was close to a year. My second at about six months when he could sit up (that way I could give both kids a bath at the same time).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics