Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Grape Juice Spill

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 6:44 pm
So how do you remove grape juice from an off white crocheted table cloth? Not something expensive, but was crocheted by my great great grandmother pre war, so I'd like to keep it if possible! Thanks!

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:02 pm
Boil up a kettle of water. Meanwhile, grab a nice big heat-resistant bowl and put it in the bathtub. Stretch the stained part over the bowl; anchor with rubber bands, or use an embroidery hoop if you have one. Bring the kettle full of boiling water to the bathroom as fast as you can do safely, then hold the kettle up at least a foot (or more) above the cloth and empty the boiling water right onto the stain. repeat if necessary. Pouring from a height is important because the impact of the water falling forces the stain out of the fibers. Just don't be crazy and pour from too high, because the higher the kettle, the higher the splashback.

And next time, use a plastic cover over the cloth.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 9:56 am
Zaq, we had a spill last Shabbos, b"H just water but I was surprised to see the tablecloth get wet beneath the plastic. There must have been some hairline cuts we were unaware of.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry