Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Dd super thick frizzy hair

SingALong

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:15 pm
My dd age 10 has very thick hair. It's difficult to brush out and looks wild. I want to take her for a deep conditioning. I don't want to do a relaxing or anything with a lot of chemicals. Any idea of what type of treatment I should look into?

boysrus

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 9:40 pm
sounds like my hair used to be like . I finally got it under control in my late teens by using John Freida's frizzease after washing it. What a diference.

mazal555

Post Sun, Aug 24 2014, 11:06 pm
My mother used to do it herself. It is easy. You wet her hair and put a ton of cheap olive oil or coconut oil or palm oil shortening in it. I have heard of ppl doing mayonnaise but never did myself. Section it, comb it, and braid it close to her head. Wrap her head in Saran Wrap and then put a turban over it and she goes to sleep. In the morning, shampoo it well.

In general, frizzy is dry. Make sure your shampoo or other products don't have any alcohol or sodium laurel sulfate, and condition it after with a little coconut oil or palm oil. I personally just use dr bronner soap instead of shampoo, because the shampoo dries my hair out. I have African American hair, a lot of Jews do, and I always did much better with the ethnic hair care products.

Good for you for not doing any chemicals!! My mother wouldn't either and I am very grateful to her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics