Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Looking to buy uniforms

Happy Go Lucky

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 1:07 am
I'm looking to buy my daughters (ages 7 and 5-average height and weight.) blue jumpers (uniforms). I don't want to spend the money at these Jewish uniform stores. I ordered from JC penny and Children's place, but the uniforms weren't long enough.

Any suggestions??
On Imamother I saw jcpenny advertising izod jumper - from the picture it looks longer than the others. Anyone tried it?
tia

bookworm10

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 1:21 am
Lands End has longer uniforms.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 5:37 am
I know it's a UK company but M&S and Next have loads of school uniforms (standard items), they usually have option to order long/tall which comes out longer. I'm happy with their quality, quite sturdy and wash well. They ship overseas.

STovah

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 9:29 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
I know it's a UK company but M&S and Next have loads of school uniforms (standard items), they usually have option to order long/tall which comes out longer. I'm happy with their quality, quite sturdy and wash well. They ship overseas.

Mrs. Bissli, is there any difference in quality between uniform blouses from M&S vs. Next?

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 10:21 am
I think they are broadly comparable. I tend to buy things from M&S because they do multi-packs, have wider side ranges (like trousers come in tall vs short sizes for each ages), and usually has features like iron-free/more stain-proof. Though I know mums of girls who prefer Next because girls uniforms have nicer cut.

zigi

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 10:43 am
with childrens place buy a size or 2 up and get it in slim then it covers the knees

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 10:46 am
Mrs. Bissli, do you have any idea what the qualityof the M&S uniform sweaters (cardigans and jumpers in british terms) for girls are like? Also how their sizes run? I see a few nice ones and am anyway making an order from them. But I dont want to have to return things because that gets complicated.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 3:15 pm
I'm pleased with M&S jumpers, the only thing is bodice seems to be a bit narrow while sleeves tend to be on a longer side (or just my DD having shorter arms). So I think I ordered one size up and rolled up the sleeves. They are not 100% wool, more cotton, but you can wash them in a washing machine (I use laundry net and gentle wash detergent). It's cotton-base so good for 3 seasons and to be worn under a blazer or a coat. Check to see other reviews on their website.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children