Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What to wear at a sheva brochos
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 10:03 am
sara_s wrote:
In general I would say Shabbos clothing, bit more on the casual side (not something you would wear to a wedding)
Try and think how the bride will dress. Is she more the casual type or the dressy type? Because you don't want to be dressed fancier than the bride

Exactly, I don't want to be dressed fancier than the bride, but I don't know her as she is from another city. Probably the only time when I will see her will be at the chasuna, which won't tell much about her general style. Knowing her background, I would assume very fancy, but you never know.
As I said, I don't have any of the very fancy things some people usually wear at chasunas (and I often feel under-dressed at such events, but that's another story). I only have what you would call regular Shabbos clothing.

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 10:17 am
Depends on the type of sb, if very fancy then shabbos clothes, if more fun, then smart casual. Let everyone know the dress code, if you're hosting, it is your choice!

We generally wear shabbos clothes, and have dinner party type games and themes, but guests come in all sorts, from jeans to suits, or denim skirts to smart shabbos suits, last night we had a complete mix, including the chatan's brother in a kapote sitting hext to his nephew in blue jeans and a t shirt, but they all had fun!

Most importantly, if you are serving, wear something washable and that you can move around the kitchen in, rather than your best silk blouse and most fitted skirt you can only hobble in!

busydev

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 2:56 pm
typically in my circles (which may not be your circles...)
the kalla wears very fancy to sheva brachos. as in what most others would wear to a wedding. for sure very nice shabbos. everyone else wears regular shabbos. (to an evening SB) so I wouldnt be to worried about being fancier then her,
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette