Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Worth investing in? spinoff from champagne tastes

debsey

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:02 pm
What are some brands or purchases that you find worth investing in? Like I posted on the other thread, a Kipling on sale can be used for two years and then can be re-purposed so I think it is worth it. What does everyone else think is of such good quality it is an investment?

lk1234

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:08 pm
my slippers from fit-flop lasted me 4 years!!! (they were $60)
my shevy shaitel
my bugaboo
my bosch mixer
correlle dishes
mac lipsticks
when I can afford it chanel skincare products (which I was able to afford like once in my life Smile
self- development books and programs

I like quality. So I'll be watching this thread!

Barbara

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:09 pm
debsey wrote:
What are some brands or purchases that you find worth investing in? Like I posted on the other thread, a Kipling on sale can be used for two years and then can be re-purposed so I think it is worth it. What does everyone else think is of such good quality it is an investment?

I bought my Coach wallet in 1994, for about $90. I've occasionally thought about buying a new wallet, but it still looks pretty close to new, so I can't justify it.

kb

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:13 pm
My grandmother was a big "chassid" of Fossil pocketbooks and my mother always got hers from payless - replaced them every year or so when they couldn't be fixed any more. My grandmother once bought her a Fossil pocketbook which lasted her YEARS. (Lasted so long that my grandmother died before it needed to be replaced...)

My mother still won't spend $100 on a pocketbook, but it did teach her that the cheapest pocketbook available is probably cheapest for a reason!

kb

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:14 pm
And I bought a set of corelle a few months ago - newsflash: corelle DOES break. Next time, I'll be buying something else (not sure yet what.)

debsey

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:17 pm
Barbara wrote:
I bought my Coach wallet in 1994, for about $90. I've occasionally thought about buying a new wallet, but it still looks pretty close to new, so I can't justify it.
I have a very small coach clutch I bought in the mid nineties. It sits on top of my closet until small bags are in again. Then I'll be up to the moment for free! For now, I'm loving my huge bag that contains everything plus the kitchen sink!

MamaBear

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:24 pm
LL bean lunch boxes and backpacks. Good down winter coats from LandsEnd.

debsey

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 7:52 pm
Lands End! Favorite boy's chinos EVER. They just last and last! (especially when I iron a patch into the inside of the knee!)

studying_torah

Post Mon, Aug 25 2014, 8:48 pm
Stuart weitzman shoes- last for 8 years like walking on a cloud. Finally had to throw them out and wish I had $$ to replace them
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains