Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Daughter turning 3 - long sleeves?
Previous  1  2  3

Tefila

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 12:38 pm
Oh and yes personally tights are more 'free' for a little girls then long socks that she has to watch how she walks, climbs, swings, does cart wheels etc etc. Imo socks are way more restricitive! tights are a mechaya Very Happy
And cmon three quarter length sleeves whats wrong about them. My dd wears them I have made tons of her shirts that way for the summer. Confused

shoy18

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 12:43 pm
Just because a little girl is wearing tights doesnt mean she can be free to not sit like a mentch and have her legs wide open, nor should she be doing cartwheels in the street.

As I am not lub and don't hold of these kinds of minhagim, I think its much more tznius for a girl to be wearing pants or shorts at such a young age, than a dress, even with tights on as they do not no how to sit properly.

amother

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 1:01 pm
I'm writing this anon, because I don't want to get bashed....

My daughter will be 6 this summer, and she still wears short-sleevs. (not at school, but when she has a day off, and she also has a Shabbos-dress which has short-sleeves.
She stopped wearing pants at around 5 yrs.

Tefila

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 1:03 pm
Shoy little girls need to be just that little girls and not ladies it lets them ride their bikes ,climb a monkey frame without the whole world seeing what they have underneath shock
As they grow and learn they will learn how to sit straight with their knees coverd and how cart wheels are not for standing in lines at stores but for indoor girls play etc. And please don't tell me that the little girls who wear short sleeves and socks are walking and acting more tznius then the ones who do not wear them. the only possibility would be b/c they are not sports inclined and a liady from birth though highly unusual it does occur Very Happy

amother

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 8:34 pm
as far as I knew its a halacha that from the age of three we must be tznius meaning cover our elbows and knees.

Tefila

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 8:51 pm
Actually amother halacha only applys to when a boy or girl is obligated in the keeping of the mitzvos from Bar and Bas Mitzvah. HOWEVER for chinuch purposes and depneding on ones minhag we start earlier. By Chabad, Tznius starts at age 3 not for some Lubavitchers, but as far as I am aware for all Lubavitchers the Rebbe doesn't discriminate.

sister1

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 1:52 am
Halacha is halacha for all Jews, regardless of affiliation. Lubavitch does not have diff halachos than the rest of klal yisroel; your rebbe may advise you to act a certain way. Halachos of tznius begin at the age of bas mitzvah, as noted earlier, because of chinuch, we begin earlier. To determine when your chinuch obligations begin, it is best to consult with your rav for advice (as mentioned). I just want to stress we are not discussing halacha here!
Also, tznius is a privilege that we have! If we view it as such, we will want to give it over to our daughters as much as possible! The trick is to dress our daughters (and ourselves) in a beautiful, tzniusdik manner!
I respect everyone and their minhagim, and opinions, but I think that this is true!

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:03 am
sister1 wrote:
Halacha is halacha for mo all Jews, regardless of affiliation. Lubavitch does not have diff halachos than the rest of klal yisroel;.....!

Firstly- very very very old thread
Secondly- it absolutely does! Which is fine btw

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 2:04 am
amother wrote:
Firstly- very very very old thread
Secondly- it absolutely does! Which is fine btw

was gonna say...little girl in question is now 13. I hope they've sorted this out!

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 9:00 am
WhatFor wrote:
was gonna say...little girl in question is now 13. I hope they've sorted this out!

As this is an old thread I will resist the temptation to match your sn to the thread title Wink (Not that I'm against tznius, even for little kids but I won't comment here.)

And sister1, welcome!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers