Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why some Israeli MIAs are brought home and some not

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 6:49 am
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. Why is it, or was it, that some MIAs or kidnapped soldiers have been brought back and others have been lost to us for 20 - 30 years? I just dont get it. What is the difference between those lost soldiers and the ones that have been brought back? Why cant the soldiers like yehuda katz, zacharia baumel and tzvi feldman who have been taken the longest (if they are still alive) be brought home? Or why coudnt they have been brought home back then, in 82 or even at a later time?

I know there is no specific answer, but this always bothers me. I think of shallit's family and then of these other soldiers families and I am so sad for them.

etky

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 10:56 am
You said it yourself - there is no specific answer.
Each soldier or group of soldiers or civilians were taken captive under vastly different circumstances, in different locations, by different organizations, with different operative constraints (intelligence, domestic politics etc.) and each case was affected by its own distinctive military, social and political constellation. No one considers any one soldier or group of soldiers more inherently valuable that others it's just that circumstances vary tremendously.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics