Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Store with affordable school shoes in Brooklyn or 5 towns
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 7:10 pm
Looking for good shoe store in Brooklyn or 5 towns area that sells good shoes for under$40. I BH have several children and can't afford $60 $70 shoes per child.
Thanks

Barbara

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 7:44 pm
amother wrote:
Looking for good shoe store in Brooklyn or 5 towns area that sells good shoes for under$40. I BH have several children and can't afford $60 $70 shoes per child.
Thanks

Stride Rite has buy one, get one 40% off.

http://www.striderite.com/en/boy-view-all/

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 7:48 pm
have you gone to Payless?

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:02 pm
Amazon.com
Runner up: Target, but it's hit or miss whether their styles are good that season
Stride Rite doesn't have any stores near me but the shoes are supposed to be decent and within your price range.

STovah

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:17 pm
I second the amazon suggestion, I got great shoes there for around thirty dollars. Also, shoebuy.com often has coupon codes that get the prices of shoes down (and reemember to click through ebates first to bring the net cost down further).

sneakermom

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:26 pm
Maybe buster brown on thirteen ave and low forties in brooklyn?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:28 pm
Century 21. Was there few weeks ago and they had decent styles of boys' Geox in the $30-40 range.

MyHabit.com is also a great site for shoes (free shipping, $3.99 flat rate for returns). If you never ordered from them, pm me before you sign in (Amazon log in) and I will send you a referral link. They currently have beautiful Venettini, WAG, Umi, Geox, Beberlis, and other great brands and styles in your price range.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:28 pm
Op here. Thanks for the reply. Target was a miss and payless shoes rub out very fast. I'll try Amazon or shoebuy but was really hoping for a store to walk in and try on. Thanks though for your suggestions

kb

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:37 pm
What about buster Brown on 13th ave? I think it's really called something elegance.

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:46 pm
Amazon is *almost* as good as a shoe store because they have free shipping over $35 and free returns all the time. So I order several things that look right in two sizes EACH, they turn up a couple of days later to try on, and then by the next day you can already have UPS picking them up at your door. No extra charge.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 8:52 pm
seeker wrote:
Amazon is *almost* as good as a shoe store because they have free shipping over $35 and free returns all the time. So I order several things that look right in two sizes EACH, they turn up a couple of days later to try on, and then by the next day you can already have UPS picking them up at your door. No extra charge.
How do you get UPS to pick it up at no charge? The one time I tried to order a UPS pick-up, they wanted to charge me... Not sure what I did wrong. Since then, I've been schlepping my free returns to my local post office.

seeker

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 9:04 pm
Hm. I don't remember. I just remember I would not have done it if there were a charge. It did involve a chat with customer service but the rest I don't recall. You certainly don't need to visit the post office, though; you can always print a free return label and bring it to a drop-off box or center.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 9:23 pm
seeker wrote:
Hm. I don't remember. I just remember I would not have done it if there were a charge. It did involve a chat with customer service but the rest I don't recall. You certainly don't need to visit the post office, though; you can always print a free return label and bring it to a drop-off box or center.
That's what I do, but it would make it easier if I don't have to shlep it anywhere. Just yesterday I walked to a drop off center wheeling a huge Pampers box on my stroller to ship back to Amazon.

kb

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 9:31 pm
you can give ups packages to any ups truck that stops on your block.

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 9:33 pm
Not sure if this helps but I went to A Shoe Inn in Woodburne. They also have a store in Cedarhurst. Believe it or not Geox sneakers were $35 and Naturino Shabbats loafers were $25!!!

miami85

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 9:37 pm
Barbara wrote:
Stride Rite has buy one, get one 40% off.

http://www.striderite.com/en/boy-view-all/

If you can swing it, there's a stride rite outlet store in Lake Success (Lakeville Rd on Grand Central parkway). They have BOGO 50% off. Lots of school shoe styles. I was just there this week.

precious

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 9:43 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
How do you get UPS to pick it up at no charge? The one time I tried to order a UPS pick-up, they wanted to charge me... Not sure what I did wrong. Since then, I've been schlepping my free returns to my local post office.

that happened to me once, you have to read the choices carefully, you don't want to select ups pickup, just print a ups return label and give it to any ups truck that you see

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 11:50 pm
There's a shoe store on 13th ave and 45 th street (forgot name) they have the previous seasons shoes laid out for a lot cheaper. ... also there's "precious steps" on 13 and 48 they were selling all their old shoes for 39.99. Maybe you can go in and ask them to bring them up for you. ... good luck!

goforit

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 12:45 am
amother wrote:
There's a shoe store on 13th ave and 45 th street (forgot name) they have the previous seasons shoes laid out for a lot cheaper. ... also there's "precious steps" on 13 and 48 they were selling all their old shoes for 39.99. Maybe you can go in and ask them to bring them up for you. ... good luck!

Store on 45 is danila. They only have a few pairs of last years. Maybe you will be lucky. Precious step doesn't have the cheap shoes out anymore. Only the new shoes sorry.

kiwi strawberry

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 12:58 am
Peek A Boo on Central Avenue in the 5 Towns don't generally have shoes in that price range but they do have sales, sometimes as much as up to 70%. I've gotten really good shoes there for good prices.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics