Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
I've got mice!!

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2014, 9:22 pm
I discovered that we have uninvited visitors in my apartment and to my surprise mice proofing is expensive the mice did start off at my landlord first but that doesn't really matter. Who is suppose to pay to mice proof my apartment, me or the landlord? (It's a private house im the only tenant) I personally think the landlord is suppose to pay for it cause who would rent out an apartment with mice? But I might be wrong, just curios what others would do.
Anonymous cause I discussed it with others.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 5:05 pm
You can check your lease, but the general consensus is that the landlord is responsible for issues with the apartment-especially the outside- and it's your responsibility to maintain the apartment. Of course, if you do something to the apartment (like smash a hole through the wall that mice run in through) then it would be your fault and your problem.

It's really in your landlord's best interest to fix this problem by mice proofing, because the mice can destroy the house by chewing on electric cords, through walls, etc. Put out some mouse traps and see if you can find the holes (I know it's rough), so that the exterminator doesn't need to spend his whole time looking around. You can also put steel wool in the holes.

If the landlord doesn't do anything about it, contact the Housing Authority. Also - take pictures and document what you see and when you see it. If all else fails, bring the traps with dead mice in them to your landlord or get a cat who is good at mousing.

piece

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 6:54 pm
I would go around your apartment & stuff all holes you find with steel wool. then you can get mice poisoning - it comes in little bags of it. put bags all over the apartment. behind fridge, stoves, near radiators, under beds, behind couches.....
I do believe it is the landlords responsibility. for you to exterminate & for them not to; isn't too helpful.
good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics