Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Making trouble and lying that little sister did it

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 12:42 am
What do you do?! On one hand I want to have a trusting relationship with DD (4), on the other hand she is so obviously and blatantly lying, with this huge grin on her face, trying to get her baby sibling (2) in trouble. Things like taking something only the big one can reach, spilling it all over, and then telling me the baby did it.

We're having a lot of sibling rivalry in general but here's where I really run out of resources...

I think maybe she's feeling a little pressured or unfairly treated that she's expected to behave more or that the little one is held less accountable when doing things wrong (little one is really less mature, I've tried some consequences that worked for older one at that age and the child just totally didn't get it) I try to treat them pretty fairly in general, and give older one heaps of attention and praise and privileges, but she still seems out to get the sibling and this latest bout of mischief-and-blaming is just the end of my rope! I simply don't know what to do when this happens, and it's at least four times a day no matter what else is going on!

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:53 am
no advice other then teaching about lying (who spilled the milk, elis little white lie etc)

my almost 3yo recently started blaming other ppl... who werent even there and we told him when he doesnt tell the truth it makes mommy, totty and hashem very sad. and then other times I will talk to him about telling the truth. so far its been so good.... but im sure were not at the end of it... so ill be watching this thread
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers