Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to send after surgery?

LittleRed

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 1:14 pm
DH has a good friend who's fiance is having a pretty serious surgery this week. We live across the country and wanted to send something to show we're thinking of them but I'm not sure what would be a good gift. Flowers are classic but I didn't know if that was boring...? I feel like I want them to know we really care about what they're going through, it's just hard to add a personal touch from so far away.

myself

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 1:21 pm
A nice book would probably be appreciated during the post-op recovery period. If you're looking for something for both of them perhaps a voucher to a local take out would be an idea.

Last edited by myself on Wed, Aug 27 2014, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Stars

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 1:22 pm
Breakfast the next morning is the most appreciated, thoughtful gesture. If you could find a place near them that delivers.

amother

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 2:00 pm
Stars wrote:
Breakfast the next morning is the most appreciated, thoughtful gesture. If you could find a place near them that delivers.

Yes, send them breakfast or supper.

An organization send us supper for a few days after DH had surgery (he couldnt get out of bed for several days) and it was so so appreciated.

busydev

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 2:08 pm
I send gift cards to a take out place for my SIL's who live in other cities when they have a baby. I try to send enough to cover a friday night meal and delivery tho they can use the money for whatever they want obviously.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics