Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Tea essence "recipe"/ dilution formula

Yael_D

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 12:05 am
Hey everyone,

We make tea essence for shabbos (only for myself, DH has instant coffee), but I can never seem to get the ratio right (I make it with a few tea bags and a tiny bit of water). This shabbos we are having 16 people over, so I need to make a big batch. Has anyone got a good 'recipe' so I can tell them that x tsp = weak tea, and xx tsp is a strong cup?

Thanks

penguin

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 12:35 am
I just go by the color. I have never heard of a recipe.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 9:49 am
Yael_D wrote:
Hey everyone,

We make tea essence for shabbos (only for myself, DH has instant coffee), but I can never seem to get the ratio right (I make it with a few tea bags and a tiny bit of water). This shabbos we are having 16 people over, so I need to make a big batch. Has anyone got a good 'recipe' so I can tell them that x tsp = weak tea, and xx tsp is a strong cup?

Thanks
Do you keep the tea bags in the essence all Shabbos? For me, that is key.

I would say ratio would probably be around 4 tea bags to 1 cup boiling water.

penguin

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 10:01 am
Some say leaving the tea bags in makes the sense get a little to acidic or something like that.

BTW, especially if you're having a large crowd, the powdered tea mix is great to have on hand in a pinch. Although my problem is more likely to be running out of hot water.

syrima

Post Fri, Aug 29 2014, 10:52 am
we used to use unsweetened tea mix - I have not been able to find it anywhere in Brooklyn lately!

For sense I agree to go by the color. Also from experience you don;t need so much bc some people don;t take tea especially when it's hot out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus