Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
BCBA- Advice and Guidance!!

amother

Post Sat, Aug 30 2014, 8:47 pm
I am looking to enhance my current degree and go back to school for my BCBA. I've done some research, but it seems pretty confusing, since the guidelines are changing.
For those of you in the field, or who have researched it, can you help with information? Specifically,
(1) Is it a growing field? Is there a demand for it?
(2) Which programs would you recommend? (Online is the most feasible for me at this point)
(3) How long should it take? (I would be working F/T while taking care of a family)
(4) How long are the semesters?
(5) How long is the internship?
Anything else I should know??
Thanks!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 6:05 am
Bump. Anyone?

esmom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 6:50 am
I just completed taking it right before pesach through FIT ( Florida Institute of Twchnokogy ) online program and am awaiting taking the board exam in November. I took it under the old requirements, the last time they were giving it but they recently switched it to new requirements which I believe they switched to 6 semesters and 2000 hours of field work. Call FIT directly and the BCBA board directly. You are welcome to pm me for specifics however probably only available tonight because real busy day today. Good luck!

esmom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 6:53 am
Just wanted to add that by me it was 5 semesters and coursework itself took 18 months but now it is probably 21 months but not positive because. Added in 6th course. In addition, need to be done experience hours before applying to take board exam which can hold you up

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:02 am
I was considering it also, a friend of mine told me that a)She was able to do it while raising a family b/c her kids go to sleep at 6:30pm so she had all evening to watch the videos. b)She said that studying for the Boards took her another 18 months. I believe she also did it through FIT--which I was told by several people is the best and cheapest place to do it. I was told it's not necessarily hard, but the work is time consuming and that you REALLY need to know your stuff and understand the "ABC"s of behavior.

It might not be a bad thing to start it while they are in the process of changing things b/c you'll probably get good guidance
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics