Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What are girls wearing to high school?

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:29 am
My stepdaughter is a very awkward girl who cannot put herself together. I need to find some stylish clothes for her to wear to school and at least one shabbos outfit. She refuses to wear pencil skirts.

What do girls wear to high school? She doesn't have a uniform, just a dress code. All girls school, 5T/FR. She wants maxi skirts but I think they are out. What about A-line skirts or denim? Does anyone want to come shopping with us tomorrow? :-D

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:35 am
My daughter is 5 so I can't really help on that front, but maybe she has a friend who can go with you and help you pick out some stuff?

Lady Bug

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:37 am
Disclaimer: I'm not in high school anymore and I live in BP.

I think the girls are wearing a-lines and gathered skirts in all kinds of colors.

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 9:02 am
What are the guidelines according to the dress code?

cfriedman2

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 9:09 am
Karisma skirts

debsey

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 9:55 am
Ask a teacher in the school what stores the girls tend to shop in (boutique-style stores). Go in and ask the saleslady to "dress" her based on what classmates are buying.

Simple1

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 10:02 am
debsey wrote:
Ask a teacher in the school what stores the girls tend to shop in (boutique-style stores). Go in and ask the saleslady to "dress" her based on what classmates are buying.

Good idea, but OP can also ask friends who have daughters that age where they shop. Or daughter can ask her friends.

rain

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 10:28 am
you can try junes or debbies closet both on central ave. they have plenty of in style clothing

Scrabble123

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 10:39 am
I'm confused as to what you plan on doing here? How can you force someone to wear something they don't like? Some girls just like different clothing... Or are you planning on "suggesting" styles to her?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 5:17 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Good idea, but OP can also ask friends who have daughters that age where they shop. Or daughter can ask her friends.

Unfortunately, my own kids are not teens, so I don't know that many people with girls her age. I'd love for her to ask friends, but she doesn't have any. If she did I would give her $300 and drop them off somewhere.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 5:20 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I'm confused as to what you plan on doing here? How can you force someone to wear something they don't like? Some girls just like different clothing... Or are you planning on "suggesting" styles to her?

As I said, I'm trying to get an idea of what teens are wearing so I can suggest things that she would wear.

We did go to Debbie's Closet. She bought a few fit and flare skirts in basic colors.

chani4

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 6:40 pm
amother wrote:
My stepdaughter is a very awkward girl who cannot put herself together. I need to find some stylish clothes for her to wear to school and at least one shabbos outfit. She refuses to wear pencil skirts.

What do girls wear to high school? She doesn't have a uniform, just a dress code. All girls school, 5T/FR. She wants maxi skirts but I think they are out. What about A-line skirts or denim? Does anyone want to come shopping with us tomorrow? :-D

I can help I use to personal shop. And still young. Close to high school age. In assume you're talking a bout SKA. It could be a tough crown of girls. Lots of peer pressure to fit in and dress a certain way. I would love to help u.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics