Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Iso; your best meat recipes.

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 1:14 pm
Wanna start cooking for yom tov, please post your tried and loved best meat recipes.tnx so much!!!

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 3:14 pm
What kind of meat do you want to use? That will make a difference.

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:19 pm
I will make roasts, flanken, club steak, minute steak, spare ribs and the works. I havent purchased the meat yet, so please post your best recipes and ill buy it accordingly! Thanks yo all

mochacoffee

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:35 pm
This recipe is on the fattening side but is absolutely delicious. I never have leftovers.

It works for larger pieces of meat such as top of the rib, french roast, brisket, etc.

On the bottom of a pan put a layer of onions.

Mix to make a spread:
Olive oil (I use about half a cup-3/4 cup)
garlic powder
onion powder
paprika
onion soup mix
crushed garlic

(Sorry I don't have exact measurements, I just eye everything. About 2 heaping spoonfuls each, I like a garlic taste so I put more crushed garlic...)

Put the meat down on the onions. Spread the olive oil spread over the meat. Pour/drizzle bbq sauce over the spread. Pour ginger ale (diet or regular) on the bottom of the pan to come up to the meat. Cover the pan.

If you have a large piece of meat cook on 350 for 2 hours and lower the flame to 250 for another half hour.

If it's a medium/small piece of meat cook on 350 for 1 1/2 hours and lower the flame to 250 for another half hour.

The ginger ale, and lowering the temperature makes the meat very soft.

mochacoffee

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:40 pm
If you want a sweeter recipe this one is kind of like a 'sweet and sour'. It's also delicious but caters to those who like sweet meat.

Mix equal parts of ketchup and brown sugar. (Depending on how big the meat is - for example if I'm making a large piece of meat I'll use 1 cup of each)

Add 2-4 spoonfuls of crushed garlic.

Put the meat on a bed of onions. Spread the ketchup-brown sugar mixture over the meat.

Pour ginger ale (diet or regular) on the bottom of the pan to come up to the meat.

Follow the instructions by the above recipe for cooking times. I made both these recipes more times than I can count and neither one has ever failed.

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:21 pm
Tnx lovemytwins! Cant wait to tryem!! Anyone else? It doesnt have to be exact measurements. Basics will do

kb

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:26 pm
Oot bubby (I think) posted a recipe once for brisket/London broil that has chrain in it that's very good.

Motherlee

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:01 am
This always comes out perfect and soft. It's easy and very delicious.

Coffee-Glazed Oven Brisket

3 pounds beef brisket (thin first-cut)
coarse salt and ground pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup freshly brewed black coffee
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Season beef brisket with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven over high heat, warm oil. Add brisket, fat side down, and cook until well browned, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat.

In a small bowl, combine coffee, ketchup, chili sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and soy sauce. Pour over brisket.

Cover; bake, flipping halfway through, until meat shreds easily with a fork, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Lower heat to 200 and bake another 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven; slice on the bias against the grain. Transfer remaining sauce from Dutch oven to a gravy boat, and serve with brisket.

NOTE: If you don't have a dutch oven, just bake in a deep dish, covered very well. Comes out fine.

gr88mom

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 5:04 pm
This is a NEVER fail brisket with potato recipe - onth esweet side - but not aas sweet as it sounds.

use a 2nd cut brisket

1/2 can jellied cranberry sauce
1/4 C. tbsp of onion soup mix
1/4 C. brown sugar (can use less if desired)
water to cover 2/3rd of the roast
4 potatoes

Cut potatoes into small chunks
layer them on the bottom and side of the roast
spice your roast as you normally would (onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika)
add cranberry sauce, brown sugar and onion soup mix
then add water to cover 2/3rds of the roast and potatoes.
cover well!!!
cook at 400 degrees for 3-4 hours.

Another great recipe:

Place a cooking bag open in a 9x13 or bigger pan
and add four chicken quarters and two-three strips of flanken on the bone.
spice the meat/chicken with some garlic powder, onion power, salt, pepper and paprika
add 4-6 frozen garlic cubes (can be made yourself or bought ready made)
Add enough water to cover half way
Seal bag and make some pin holes in the TOP of the bag (if you do the bottom its will leak out and your meat and chicken will burn)
Bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and then lower it to 300 for another hour.

the meat and chicken come out so tender and BEWARE - the house is going to smell amazing!!!

Just watch that the water does not boil completely out (it should bake down during cooking)

Enjoy and Good Yom Tov

PAMOM

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 6:54 pm
Anybody have non-brisket beef recipes?

piece

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 6:55 pm
your chicken/meat recipe in a bag sounds amazing. what's really interesting is that I just heard about such a recipe from my sister-in-law in Belgium. I have never heard of cooking in a bag until couple of weeks ago.

miyodea

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 7:25 pm
DH won't eat sweet meats, so these are all savory. I won't post brisket as there seems to be a plethora of delicious ideas already.

London Broil

1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c soy sauce
4 cloves fresh garlic coarsely chopped (I usually double this)
2 T. Olive oil
1 T lemon juice
Generous amount of dried oregano (I eyeball it, but probably 2-3 t)

Place meat in a plastic bag with marinade abs let sit at least 4 hours, best overnight

Broil under high heat for 12 min/side/in

Cover immediately. Slice against grain when cool. Bring to room temp to serve

Any kind of string roast

11/2 c teriyaki sauce
1/2-3/4 c water
2 large onions, sliced in half rounds
2 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced in wedges
salt to taste
1 bunch scallions

place 1 onion and 1 tomato at bottom of deep roaster or Dutch oven, place roast on top, pour teriyaki sauce, water and salt to taste, cover with rest of onion and tomatoe. Salt to taste

Cover well. 325 for 1/2 hr/lb, then lower to 250 for another hour or so. Let cool, Slice and leave in sauce. Add coarsely chopped scallion when reheating.

Stew beef

1 large onion
1 lb baby bells mushrooms, sliced
2 lbs. Baby red potatoes, par boiled
2 lbs stew beef
2 c. Dry white wine
3 T to 1/4 c soy sauce (depends how salty you want it)
Onion powder
Salt

In a large sauce pan, caramelize onion, add mushrooms and sauté until soft, season with a bit of salt and onion powder. Add stew beef and sear. Add wine, soy sauce and potatoes and let simmer 3-4 hours. Can be made in a crock pot. Add extra water if leaving over night.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 7:43 pm
PAMOM wrote:
Anybody have non-brisket beef recipes?

Really easy fillet steaks. DD calls this "yummy meat."

Spray pan with PAM. Fit the fillet steaks in so they lay flat. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.

Cut onion(s) in rounds and place on top of meat until mostly covered.

Optional: Clean and quarter button mushrooms and sprinkle around the meat.

Drizzle some red wine vinegar and soy sauce on top of meat/veggies. Add water until meat is covered.

Tightly cover pan and place in 350 degree oven for 1.5-2 hours.

The fillet steaks come out really soft. If you make this in advance and refrigerate you can skim the fat off before reheating.

I only make one layer because my family is small. If you need more portions you could probably layer the meat and onions and just increase the cooking time. Or you could make the fillet steaks flat in multiple pans and condense them after they're done, but that sounds annoying.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics