Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
What to wear over a hat fall

shirtsandskirts

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 7:33 pm
I'm trying to figure out what to wear over my newly acquired hat fall. I have some winter berets which look nice with it, but what can I wear for summer/fall? I see women wearing bandanas and tichels over, but how do they tie them, when I try it just looks hippie. What do people do who wear hat falls?

kiwi strawberry

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:20 pm
I have a band fall, not a hat fall, so I'm not too sure but how about a cap for the summer? Or a fedora style hat? I have worn that with my band fall.

penguin

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:23 pm
There are some cute cotton hats, such as this one, although I would wear it by itself!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:26 pm
DunkinLover wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what to wear over my newly acquired hat fall. I have some winter berets which look nice with it, but what can I wear for summer/fall? I see women wearing bandanas and tichels over, but how do they tie them, when I try it just looks hippie. What do people do who wear hat falls?
Straw sun hats and straw fedoras. Bandanas tied under the back of the wig.

Maya

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 8:31 pm
I recently bought a hat fall, too. So far I've tried fedoras (they are adorable) and conductor hats. I have a cap, but I'm not sure I like the way it looks on me.

You should check out the closest accessories store, try on different styles, and see which you like best.

http://www.target.com/p/mossim....._1_41

shirtsandskirts

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 10:02 pm
Guess my question is really how to tie bandanas and scarves on top of a fall

imeinu

Post Sun, Aug 31 2014, 11:30 pm
DunkinLover wrote:

Would this work for you? It looks like a bandana but is really a headwrap with elastic that you just slip on. It's 9 inches wide.
http://www.headsuphairwear.com.....a.htm

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:10 am
DunkinLover wrote:
I tie a regular scarf under the bottom hair like shown in the linked pic imeinu posted.

Barbara

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 12:12 am
DunkinLover wrote:

How I would do it? Use a smaller scarf than you would to cover all your hair, folded into a triangle. The long part covers the hairline (or bald line, I guess). Tie the tails just below where the bald part is, and tuck the triangle part under the tails. Or pull just a little bit of the hair over the tied tails, and let the triangle part hang free.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 2:04 am
DunkinLover wrote:
I see women wearing bandanas and tichels over, but how do they tie them, when I try it just looks hippie.

That may have nothing to do with the way you tie it and everything to do with the shape of your face/head/features/build. Not every scarf-wrapping style will look good on everyone. I think I know the style you mean, and ITA agree that it looks slapdash and hippie-ish and not terribly attractive on anyone, not even women who wear it over their own hair, let alone a hat fall.

aqua1

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 2:03 pm
I fold mine into a triangle and put it across my forehead and tie in the back. but everyone looks different in this look..it may not be for everyone. but maybe experiment with different textures/designs-it might make it look different.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels